Saturday, January 12, 2008

I keep forgetting to title these posts

1) Got an e-mail from Jess Brock this morning. It was good to hear from her, it's been quite a long time. Now that I'm out of college there's no convenient school breaks during which to see my friends from high school. Hopefully I can keep in touch with the ones that matter.

2) Again went for a Bike Ride all the way to the Shedd Aquarium, although this time I did more than just turn around there. I went inside. Along the way I saw a guy skiing on the path. No, there wasn't any snow, he was wearing skis with wheels on them. At least that's how I'd describe them. He even had poles.

3) The Aquarium is free admission all this week so I met up with Stephanie and Paul there and we had a good couple hours looking at the animals. Cool things in no particular order: eyeless cave fish, gigantic crabs, gigantic snapping turtle, turtle with a snout-like nose digging around in the dirt for something, sea horses that look like seaweed, red-eye fish, a very colorful queen angel fish, big sea turtle, brightly colored posion frogs, this one small fish that had all these different colored lines running over it, furry looking sea stars.

4) The return trip took longer than the way there, partly because the wind was against me but also because my legs were tired from riding there and then walking around the aquarium. When I did get home it was very nice to shower and sit down.

5) Played some more Smash Brothers

6) Got Rajun Cajun for dinner. Mmm... Samosa.

7) Re-Watched more 30 Rock from this season. Highlights: "An eagle with the head of a bear." "You can't tell a bird not the fly. You can't tell a fish not to swim. You can't tell a tiger not to turn back into an Asian dude at midnight." Jack role-playing with Tracy. "Page off! Page off!"

8) Worked on the revising the NNN pilot script. In doing so I came up (with help from Stephanie) the following list of evil degrees offered by SVELT: (imagine them as a scrolling list in one of those cheesy technical college commercials)
Arson,
Assault,
Breaking and Entering,
Business Management and Accounting,
Conquest,
Corruption,
Destruction,
Espionage,
Extortion,
Fraud,
General Disarray,
Horticulture,
Invasion,
Juggling,
Kidnapping,
Literature,
Looting and Plundering,
Mayhem,
Mischief,
Moral Relativism,
Necromancy,
Orienteering,
Pillaging,
Perjury,
Quantum Mechanical Engineering,
Ransom,
Robbery,
Science,
Sculpture,
Smuggling,
Taxidermy,
Treason,
Upholstery,
Vandalism,
Wilderness Survival,
Xenophobia,
Yodeling,
Zoology

Even though this is something will only be on screen for a few seconds, it's important to do it right. Such is my dedication to authenticity. Or something.

9) Added Jeremy's Wii to my Wii's address book. Now I have two Wii Friends!

10) Wrote and sent some e-mails I'd been meaning to.

2 comments:

J.V. Toups said...

Hey man - Science is not evil. Science is responsible for all sorts of awesome things, way more than destructive ones.

Stop propagating the anti-science bias.

David M Pickett said...

Yes, the sciences have given us many wonders. I am a big fan of the many sciences, but Science with a Capital Ess is another thing entirely. It is a false unity of all scientific disciples that exists in the pages of comic books and in other popular media. It is the Science of the Mad Scientist and is purely fictional, so no need to worry.