Sunday, January 27, 2008

How far I've come

1) Slept in like whoah today. Got up and turned off the alarms and then went back to sleep for another 2 and a half hours. Still up before noon (barely) though, which used to be an accomplishment.

2) Went to the Fire Escape office to help Mead edit her film. Most of what I did was fix simple problems that recur frequently in the Fire Escape office. It reminded me of back when I was the office manager and this was my responsibility. That place is such a mess. It's always been a mess, but I very glad that i don't have to deal with that anymore. The CMIG office is so much cleaner and more organized. And things don't get randomly disconnected or reconnected in strange and improper ways. So glad I don't have to deal with Fire Escape office anymore.

3)Went to Ratner and signed up for a membership. It was suprisingly easy, the money will come straight out of my paycheck, and it's not even that much. So now I just need to start making use of my membership. I'm thinking of using the rowing machine, because treadmills and ellipticals always seem so silly.

4) Got home had some lunch (ravioli and chips and salsa) and updating the last two days of wonderfuls (see below).

5) Took a nice shower and officially depleted my socks and underwear. I really need to do laundry tomorrow.

6) Tiffany picked me up in her car and her, Seth, Krista and I drove to Stephanie and Paul's place for dinner and Cranium. So glad I didn't have to take the CTA.

7) Stephanie had the genius idea of breakfast dinner. There were waffles and biscuits and eggs and sausage and it was delicious.

8) Paul had the genius idea that Stephanie should make the mulled wine she makes so well. It's so nice and warm and delicious. Note: It is not delicious when cold.

9) Then we played Cranium, Krista and I took first place, although it was a little scary there at the end trying to get through the reds. I should have known BLT wasn't an airport. Highlights of the game: "3 Breast Suit!", Stephanie's humpback whale, club cranium puppets, "I'm a ___, I'm a minority"

10) We hung out for a while after the game and then Krista, Tiffany and Seth headed off and I gave Stephanie her Christmas present: Torchwood Season 1. Then we watched the first episode, which we had both seen before, but a low resolution cluttered version from TV links.

Hopefully it won't be too cold and snowy on the way home tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The rowing machines at Ratner kind of suck. Just so you know.

-JJ