Monday, February 25, 2008

Ant Invasion!

...and no, I'm not talking about Kent Brockman's line from Deep Space Homer: "And I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords." But that is hilarious. When I wokr up this morning there were at least a dozen ants on the wall shared by the living room and the dining room. I have never seen an ant in my apartment before and saw none the night before. Who knows where they came from. Maybe it has something to do with the weather?


1) In the morning I had to walk the timecards over to a buildling on the south side of campus and it was not too cold. I appreciated the relative warmth.

2) For lunch I walked to umart and got a California wrap (turkey, avocado, bell pepper, sprouts and cheddar in a tortilla) and sun chips and a fruit punch snapple and a big chocolate chip cookie. I also picked up a box of the crackers I like.

3) gchatting with Stephanie during throughout the day.

4) A few people came into edit which was nice, especially since Renee was out (it was her birthday.)

5) Being connected to the internet again. The weekend was great, but I am so used to constant access to the internet, that I get anxious when I'm away from it for a few days.

6) I went to the grocery store after work and on the way there my ipod selected a very nice selection of songs for me. I'm always amazed when the random song gives me a series of songs that I'm really excited about. I usually have to skip one or two every few.

7) Found out some more tidbits about Lego Universe.

8) Watched an episode of Freakazoid. In one he defeated an enemy by showing him a TV that promised "7 hours of Tony Danza!" And then at the end of the episode it said: "The End. Or is it? It probably is." Which, if you don't remember, is very similar to the way I end the first part of Lego Movie 2. I can't believe I forgot about this show, it clearly had a big impact on my work.

9) Read 3 new Sam Fics

10) Girl Scout Cookies - Thin Mints and Carmel Delites (you can't make me call them Samoas)

11) This is from the writer's strike: John Stewart vs. Stephen Colbert vs. Conan O'Brien

12) Put out traps/poison for the ants. I have no qualms about killing insects. There are always plenty more.

No comments: