Saturday, February 16, 2008

Not a work day!

1) Slept in until 11:30. Awesome.

2) Classic video game music done a capella

3) Cooked up some bacon as part of my breakfast.

4) Updated my blog for Thursday and Friday. I'm so used to this blog now that I feel strange when I fall behind in updating it. Of course, it's usually because I'm busy doing other things so I don't have time to dwell on it.

5) I took advantage of the fact that I was in my apartment during the day and relaxed in the sunlight for a little bit.

6) I decided I wanted to get out of Hyde Park today, since I probably won't until I go home for Isaiah's birthday this weekend. So I went all the way up to Belmont. It's been a while since I've had a substantial CTA ride. Taking the buses to Stephanie's is disjointed and I rarely get anything done on it. On the Brown line I was able to work a good bit on the script for the the second episode of NNN. It's coming along slowly but surely.

7) On my way back I cleverly arranged my route to take me to Trader Joe's and the Lego store. Trader Joe's got me carrots and green bean and oranges and waffles and mango slices and cereal (though not the cake batter-y one) and an eggplant. (I'd never bought an eggplant before, but I always like it when it's in things, so I decided I'm going to attempt to cook one. I'm going to make eggplant parmesan. ) And it all fit nicely into my reusable canvas Trader Joe's bag. At the Lego store I picked up another exoforce set for it's purple pieces and this tiny construction vehicle for some yellow. Even though I say I don't like Exo Force, I've now bought 3 of the 7 sets released this year.

8) Krista came over for goulash dinner since she slept through our dinner on Thursday. We also had carrots and hummus. I pushed the legos onto one half of the table so we could eat. It was good.

9) Afterwards we watched the last new episode of House together on my computer. It was a weird episode. I don't know what their plan is for the whole Wilson/Amber thing. It seems out of character for both of them. Which I guess is the point? Okay show, you've made your Point, now can we please get back to Wilson spending all his time with House? Also I'm still waiting for the new fellows to do something interesting. They work too well as a team, they need some more tension. They worked well when they were all competing for a job, but now they are all kind of flat.

10) Remembered this dramatic chipmunk video - one of the reasons I love the internet.

11) Put together the lego sets. Had a few cool moments were I was putting something together with no idea of what it was going to be and then when I put it in place I realized and said "that's cool."

12) Briefly attended a double birthday party for Emily and Chelsea. (Chelsea shares a birthday with Isaiah and Emily's birthday was last week). Similar to the party the night before it was a lot of people I didn't know and then a few I did. I talked with Ari for a while which was great. Ali appeared after I'd been there for an hour or so and we sat on the couch and talked about how we didn't know anyone and then talked about her BA project. She's basically trying to put together an hour long radio show in the model of NPR's this American life. Sounds like fun.

No comments: