Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Wonderful!

1) The deck we use for capturing tapes was on the fritz the past week, which was problematic. However I managed to fix it. It's amazing what a little head cleaner will do. It really should have occured to me earlier.

2) Renee and I interviewed Paul Sereno, who is a paleontologist at the University. It was cool to have the head of a t-rex-like dinosaur in the background of the frame. His office manager is someone CMIG worked with a lot in the past when he was in his previous position. He was very talkative and jovial and walked us part of the way back to the office. All in all it was a fun shoot.

3) Finished off Kelly's cookies

4) I was so glad for the 171 coming home because it was cuh-old out.

5) Left over peanut chicken and fried rice. Yum.

6) Read the latest bit of Jack and Ellis. It's so good. It's got steam-punk stuff and Creation and storm pirates (Purva rocks) and Ellis and now they're in Australia and things are getting really exciting. Here are a couple bits that I particularly liked:

"Off to the east Jack saw a field of vineyards; ahead were mango trees, and the irony that Jack might have assaulted the man with his own produce made him smile grimly."

and

"You know what I love about you, Clare?" he said.

"My sparkling wit and divine beauty?"

"That you never think any of my bad ideas are bad ideas."

Clare laughed. "I've learned it never does any good, Jack."

7) Watched more Freakazoid. - In Arms Way. It was very funny. Here's how I described it to Stephanie.
in the first part Freakazoid is doing his christmas shopping
8:00 PM and keeps ignoring the obvious cries for help and calls fro mthe police
while he's shopping
sociopathicllama: of course
8:01 PM me: he runs into "the lobe"
8:02 PM "Lobe? I thought you were terrorizing Europe with some sort of cheese ray?"
"i was, but when the holidays roll around I come home to terrorize the ones I love."
"Who ya shopping for?"
8:03 PM "anyone i know?"
"Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe I won't tell you."
"What'd you get me?"
8:04 PM "Show me first!"
"No you show me!"
sociopathicllama: lol
me: then later another villain shows up
8:06 PM and they argue about a call that was made at last year's superhero villain allstar benefit softball game
8:07 PM sociopathicllama: hah
me: and then in the second part freakazoid travels to a strange village
8:08 PM and the guy who meets he at the train says
"now, come, we mustn't linger. It is not safe here at night."
"it's day."
8:09 PM "well then, I suppose we can linger for a moment... okay let's go"


8) Busy doesn't really do justice to what work has been. Crazy also falls short of it. My job has been crazy before, but this week it was actually Insane. I'm not going to go into details because I don't want to dwell on them. However, the insanity, coupled with a recent Penny Arcade comic caused me to go job searching. Within minutes I found the perfect job. Obviously I have to at least apply. It's not everyday that you get the opportunity to get paid to do something you've been doing for fun your entire life.

9) Talking to Stephanie. Had to tell her about the job, because I had to tell someone immediately and have them go to the link so I knew it was really for real. Also I like talking to Stephanie. You got a problem with that? Tough.

10) Typing the first part of NNN episode 2

11) Girl scout cookies. Need I say more? That would just rub it in. And that would be cruel. Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dave, I went to the company site from the job posting & eventually saw the pictures of boxes of legos 4 tons worth and then sorting all the legos. Wow! Mom