Thursday, February 21, 2008

Wounds Day

Alright, I've got a lot of Wonderfuls to catch up on, so let's not waste any time.

1) I wore my nicest clothes to work today. Why? Bill Gates was on campus and we were filming him. It's nice to wear my suit every now and then. However, because it was cold out I was also wearing my superman pajama pants underneath my suit. It made me feel like a super-hero. Or at least it made my legs feel like the legs of a superhero. I wore all black except for my arty tie. That's to show that I'm a creative professional. Here's a picture of my all done up and checking my imaginary watch:


2) I got so much done at work today. Of course "today" is now almost a week a go and I no longer remember what these many things were. No worries, it wouldn't be a very interesting list anyway.

3) Even though we were not personally filming the Bill Gates talk, Renee and I went along to make sure the set-up went smoothly. We got to wear media badges and talk to other people in suits. It was fun to feel important. Much more fun than actually being important, which in my experience involves getting a lot of unwanted phone calls.

4) We got a shipment of blank CDs and DVDs and labels and cases. It came in 5 big boxes. It took me a while to unpack and put everything away. It was fun to open the packages and sort everything. I like when work requires me to do something simple like this, it's a nice break from the more complicated and stressful stuff.

5) So a couple days before this one of the frat boys fro mthe frat house next door came into our office and apologized for the broken window. Apparently they had a crazy party. None of the windows in our office were broken so Renee sent him down the hall to talk to someone who would know what window he was talking about. When I was putting the CDs and DVD away in our equipment closet I was moving stuff around and noticed a shard of broken glass. "That's odd" I thought. Then I noticed more shards, clustered around the window. I pulled up the blinds to find that not only was the top part of the window broken, but their was still a half-full bottle of cheap champagne lodged in it. I would have been annoyed if it wasn't so hilarious. Renee and I both took pictures with our phones before removing the precarious bottle. If I figure out how to get it from my phone to my computer I will post it.

6) I was at work for 10 hours, but it was actually a really enjoyable day. The last couple hours was when we were waiting for the students to come back from the Bill Gates event so we could start editing it. Renee was working on billing clients which always involves her asking me how much time we really spent on projects so she can charge them accordingly. There was a good deal of laughter.

7) Had left over eggplant parm and some carrots. It was much better today by the magic of left overs. Also there was a freakishly big baby carrot.

Here's a picture of it on a plate with three normal size baby carrots for scale:


8) Watched Freakazoid's origin story. The best part was Guitierrez, the best Freakazoid villain. After throwing a man out the window of a sky scraper he laughs and commands the rest of the board members "Laugh with me!" The actor who voices him is apparent the actor who portrayed Khan in Star Trek II and in this episode he goes on a wonderful tangential rant: "Because he tasks me! He *tasks* me! Around the moons of Vega, I chuckle at thee. Around the suns of Andromeda, I chuckle more at thee. Revenge is a dish best served with pinto beans and muffins! Kirk, oh, friend, I... Oh!"

9) I got the last 6 stars in Super Luigi Galaxy. This includes the special 121st star that you can only get after collecting all 120 stars twice. This star itself isn't difficult to get. You just run through a simple level and collect 100 coins that are lying there. All the friendly characters from the game are there to celebrate and when you get the star a special message is sent to the Wii message board. It's a picture of Luigi and Rosalina and has a message from the Super Mario Galaxy team thanking you for playing. It's not as cool as say the first level of the original 2d game remade in 3d as a bonus, but it's better than 99 lives.

10) Went in late at night to put some finishing touches on the Bill Gates video. Was very glad I know the evening shuttles so well. (I haven't yet watched the video, though I've seen enough to get the gist of what it's about. The first part contains a video (yes a video in the video) starring Bill Gate and a number of celebrities that tries very hard to be funny and ends up being funny because it's so cheesy. But you didn't hear that from me.)

No comments: