Monday, March 10, 2008

Moan-day

1) I had to get up an hour earlier than usual and I did it successfully!

2) Had an easy shoot that took up most of the day. One of the speakers had one of those beards that runs from the sideburns to the mustache and never goes below the mouth. You know the kind a British constable might have. I don't think I've ever seen one in real life before. It definitely made him seem more distinguished.

3) Leaving work after putting in 8 hours. I can't put in any more right now, not after the last two weeks, even though there is more than too much work to be done.

4) Information about the Zerg in StarCraft 2 was finally revealed. I didn't play as Zerg much, but I did like infesting command centers and from the looks of it they will be able to infest all sorts of stuff. This is only appropriate as they are glorified insects.

5) As I came home, it was still light out. It was nice to spend some time in my apartment in natural light for once. I approve of the new daylight savings time switch. Although I still would have liked that hour this weekend.

6) Ate leftovers. Simple and delicious.

7) Played a little smash brothers, unlocked Luigi and Ganondorf.

8) My credit card company sent me a $10 gift certificate to Chili's. That's not that exciting, but I turned it over and found out it can also be used at Maggiano's and Conner Bakery. That's a little more exciting, Hooray for reading the fine print.

9) Did some laundry, but did not fold it. It it piled neatly on my couch. I'll fold it eventually. Maybe next week.

10) Went to the 48 hour film festival screening. There were a dozen or so films, ranging from very short (my 40 second one) to really long (13+ minutes) and from entertaining to painfully bad. Mine got some good laughter / sounds of confusion. Also not directly after my film, but in the time between the following two I heard someone right behind me quote my film and laugh. I later found out this was Jared, one of the most jovial people I've ever met. He's a good kid. Him and Bill Volk both told me mine was far and away the best. It's nice to have fans.

Highlights from the other films: the voiceover in Tiffany's movie, Off-Off making parties creepy by hiding them in the Reg, realizing that the random talking in one of the films was from the Law School Torture conference, two characters breaking the fourth wall, subtext, oh the subtext.

11) Then I worked for an hour or two to make that lego tree branch thing. It's also based on a piece of concept art, but I can't find a good link to it.

No comments: