Saturday, March 22, 2008

Shoulderday

1) Woke up relatively early and briefly texted with Stephanie (who had just returned to phone contact from her cruise).

2) Played a little smash and had a relaxed morning (because I didn't have to go to work!)

3) Well not I didn't have to go to work work, but I did have to go work on my job application for the Lego job. And even though it was supposed to be closed all weekend Ida Noyes (the building where the Fire Escape Office is) was open. I talked to the building manager and she told me exactly when the building would be (secretly) open that day and the next day.

4) Then I designed shoulderpads for the big (awesome) knight. I really like them, they're one of my favorite parts of the model.

5) Went to UMart to get some lunch - I once more got the california wrap (it's so delicious!). I also got a snapple (fruit punch), and a fruit salad. Yum!

6) When I came back to my apartment I had a faux tax refund from my parents in the mail. It went straight into my savings (by way of my checking account).

7) I came home and took a (well deserved) nap.

8) Got up and took a (refreshing) shower.

9) Realized that the store might not be open on Sunday (Easter) and went to get groceries. Got stuff for lunches and breakfasts for the next week and also got stuff to make dinner.

10) Did the dishes and made dinner (skillet lasagna). I haven't had a lot of time for making dinner recently, so I'm always excited when I do, because it's much cheaper than eating out and there are far more leftovers.

11) Watched an episode of Freakazoid ("The Freakazoid") where it's Freakazoid's birthday and therefore he has to fulfill any request that's made of him. Highlights: this ridiculous tangent, when something dramatic happens the people in the scene say "dun dun dun!", during a chase scene a limo full of the show's writers pulls up next to Freakzoid and they ask him to continue the chase in a different vehicle because they think it will help boost the ratings.

12) Krista called back and invited me to a brunch the following afternoon.

13) I worked on my resume. The fact that "Nearly 20 years of building, creating, and thinking using LEGO products" is something I got to put on a resume makes me all sorts of happy.

No comments: