Friday, April 25, 2008

Another one bites the dust

1) It's Friday!

2) Went out to a business at the Med and got Fried Calamari. Delicious!

3) The purpose of the lunch was to meet with the final final candidate for the Senior Producer position. He is awesome. He blew all the other candidates out of the water. (SPOILER ALERT - A few days later Renee offered him the job and he accepted and he's starting on June 10th)

4) Screenwriter's circle was at my place this week. Those who had never been before were of course impressed with the lego set up and since we were reading my script I brought out the NNN minifigures. Fun was had.

5) I got my usual 2 six packs for the meeting one of Woodchuck pear cider and the other of Sierra Nevada pale ale. They are very different, but I think they are both great.

6) Afterwards I was convinced that rather than stay in and stay dry and make the Peanut chicken I kept trying to make I should go running in the rain to dinner with them. I did and it was fun. The rain was coming down so hard that we were all soaked by the time we got to the corner.

7) We (Mead, Felipe, Kaitlyn and I) went to the Mexican place in Harper court (Marivillas I think). I had never been there before, but it was cheap and tasty. Of course there was guacamole.

8) Over dinner we ended up telling stories about crazy things we've done. I'll spare you the details.

9) Put together the rest of Space Skulls set.

10) Watched the 30 rock episode from that Thursday. It was incredibly hilarious. Liz going corporate was great, also when she started making out with Devon ("I just pretended his face was a sandwich") I nearly died of laughter. I was afraid I might bother the neighbors - that's how hard I was laughing. Devon Banks was also in rare form. However, Dr. Spaceman once again stole the show. He enters, running down a hall with dramatic music playing and a cape bilowing behind him. Then he proceeds to deliver gem after gem. "I'd love to Jack, but we have no way of knowing where the heart is, every human is different." "Is it 411 ot 911?" "Um, Diabetes Repair, I guess."

No comments: