Sunday, April 27, 2008

Someday

1) Ali made a tasty breakfast of pesto eggs (with peppers, onion, [cheese?] and ham) and chocolate chip pancakes.

2) I helped Ali with editing some parts of her BA. She was doing a radioshow/podcast thing and she has considerably less experience with editing that sort of thing so I helped with the trickier parts and gave her a few tips.

3) Went to HPP to get some things.

4) Some of the things I got were guacamole and chips which I then consumed much to my delight. I also had the last of potato flag.

5) Took a nice shower

6) Read some more of "Stealing a Goose" which is the novel Stephanie wrote in November but I have yet to read through. Here are some of my favorite parts so far:

Or, rather, she left her interest in the woods alone and drove off, and tried her best to never let it find its way back home.

{I would be hard pressed to believe that there would be so much art if the world were not so determinedly beautiful.}

He once made a house of cards that was as tall as he was, and then pretended to be a monster and knocked them all down.

"Husband! Please open this jar with your manhood."

After work, she decided, she would play, and maybe if that was the last thing she did all day the rest of it wouldn't seem so bad.

"So, kid, why are you here?" Sam asked.

James looked a bit deer-in-the-headlights. "Well, I guess I want to turn to a life of crime."


7) Watched an episode of Freakazoid "Freak-a-panel /Invisibo" The first half was absurdly self-referential. Freakazoid chases a villain into a scifi convention and then ends up sitting on a panel about WB cartoons and talks about the show.

8) Thinking up and writing summary of third episode of NNN. Yes I know I should be concentrating on animating episode 1, but the inspiration came and I figured I shouldn't waste it. It involves pirates.

9) Talking with mom and dad

10) Peanut chicken and fried rice (finally!)

11) Watched the last 3 episodes of 30 rock season 1. Here are some highlights courteously of wikiquote:
Liz: Jack goes to Sbarro when he's angry, the New York Stock Exchange when he's horny, and Christie's auction house when he's depressed.

[Liz enters a room and stands behind Jack]
Jack: You've been avoiding me, Lemon.
Liz: How do you do that without turning around?
Jack: To be perfectly honest, the first couple of people I did that to were not you, but...here we are.

Phoebe: You know how John Lennon was better then all the rest of the Beatles but he never realized it until he met Yoko? Well I'm gonna be Jack's Yoko!
Liz: You want to be Yoko?!

Colleen: Well, well, well, well, well, this must be the one, huh? Phoebe! Welcome.
Jack: No, no.
Liz: No, I--
Colleen: Welcome, welcome, welcome!
Jack: Mother, mother! This is not Phoebe.
Liz: No.
Colleen: This is not Phoebe?
[Jack shakes his head]
Colleen: Well, why the hell not? I mean, she's perfect. Character, she got strength of character...and I tell you someting else; she's got a good, solid...baby bucket.
Liz: You are a sassy old broad, aren't you?
Also "I've got avian bone syndrome - hollow bones." And the fact that Phoebe keeps reintroducing herself to Liz.

2 comments:

concretesphinx said...

HA HA WHAT A FUNNY NOVEL I SHOULD PUBLISH IT EXCEPT IT HAS NO PLOT. MAYBE INSTEAD I CAN WAIT AND START READING THE NEW MYSTERY NOVEL INSTEAD.
-book publisher

concretesphinx said...

it appears i used the word instead twice in one sentence.