Tuesday, April 8, 2008

This was a tuesday apparenttly

1) This is almost too awesome for words. This giant yellow castle is accurate recreation of this classic lego set except blown up 6x. Here are more pictures if you want.

2) You may have seen this in the sidebar on my blog already, but Adam (finally) started a blog! This is good, because his e-mail updates were infrequent and I like hearing from Adam.

3) Interview with our 3rd senior producer candidate. Of course I now know that he did not get the offer, it went to the last minute secret candidate, but at the time it was nice to feel that much closer to having this position filled.

4) After the interview Renee and I used the white board in the office to compare the pros and cons of the two finalists. We so rarely use the white board, it's nice to see it used.

5) Leaving after 8 hours, because that's how long I'm paid to work.

6) Walking home just as fast as the 171 would have gotten me there. I can't take the bus when it's so nice out.

7) Having leftovers for dinner

8) 2 episodes of 30 rock, "Black Tie" and "Up all Night" Highlights:
Liz: You've already made up your mind about this, haven't you?
Jenna: Oh, you're right, Liz! I should go for it!
Liz: You're not even listening, are you? Poop. Monkey butt.
Jenna: No, you're a good friend and thank you.

Liz: [on the phone] Hi my name is Liz Lemon and I received flowers from your shop tonight and I can't tell who they're from. [pause] No, no, I did read the card but it's not signed.... no, I'm not with so many men that it's impossible for me to guess...well, that is just...oh, well you know what, I found the card, actually, they're from your mom, so tell your gay mom I said thanks!
[hangs up]
9) Put together the Gas Station from the Town Plan set. It's got a car wash which I like. I may use it for NNN. One of the stories I had thought up for it way back when was about a valet who would take people's car for a joyride, but just a joyride to the carwash, because he really likes going through the car wash. But I don't know if that's funny enough for NNN.

10) Had yogurt essentially for the first time. I mean I've had yogurt on a few occasions in the past, but this was the first time I set out to have yogurt. I decided I need to expand my food horizons. There are an alarming number of foods I haven't even thought of trying. This yogurt was a Dannon fruit on the bottom - strawberry flavor. It was rather good. I see more yogurt in my future.

11) Giggling with delight. What could cause me to giggle so? Stephanie knows, for she too giggled in such a manner. It may involve two people we know and the perfection of their (at the time) theoretical relationship.

12) Put together the City Hall part of the Town plan set. It's a pretty cool building, the sole purpose of which seems to be to be weddings. The set came with your typical bride and groom, but that's much too normative for my apartment.

So I have replaced them with two gay dragons getting married.

No comments: