Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Wednesday

1) Fred, who works down the hall recently went on a month long vacation to various parts and he brought me back this papyrus from Egypt.

What was cool was that because of all the lectures I've filmed at the Oriental Institute when I read the description of the scene depicted I recognized the name of the Pharaoh and remembered his significance.

2) I got a lot of praise on this OI video that will be played on plasma screens at O'Hare airport. I basically did everything for this project. I shot and edited it. Aside from the first few establishing shots of campus and Hyde Park that's all my camera work and I found the music and put everything together.

3) Did some brainstorming with Renee. I think we were brainstorming about purchases.

4) Walking home (must have been nice out)

5) Left over pasta thing

6) Took a wonderful nap. Like "OMG NAP!"

7) Had my favorite new snack - yogurt.

8) Went and bought Mario Kart Wii. It had been out for a few days already and I decided it was high time I owned it. On my first play through I liked these tracks: Toad's Factory, Coconuts Mall, Koopa Cape, Maple Treeway, Wario's Goldmine.

9) I unlocked King Boo as a playable character.

10) In addition to the 16 brand new tracks Mario Kart Wii also includes 16 retro tracks. It has tracks from every previous incarnation of Mario Kart, even SNES and the GBA ones. One of my favorite retro tracks is Bowser's Castle 3 from the GBA. I unlocked the blooper car, Diddy Kong and the Pirahna Car.

11) Playing video games for a couple hours on a weeknight. It's been a while since I've had time to do this.

No comments: