Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Candleday

1) Today was definitely one of the days I was feeling sick (but I think it was just allergies). I started out with a sore throat, added in a cough and a wicked sinus headache by the end of the (work) day. I could not concentrate so I used my sick time and went home early.

2) This conversation with Peter Jackson and Guillermo del Toro about the Hobbit and a film that will bridge the gap between the Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings Trilogy. I mean I'm not like a crazy fanboy, but I was slightly worried when I found out that the Hobbit was being made, but PJ was not directing, but it sounds like there's nothing to worry about. I mean, Pan's Labyrinth was incredible and it sounds like he knows what he's doing.

3) Had a Sierra Mist, which is essentially Sprite, which always has a profound placebo effect on me when I'm sick. The Benadryl probably helped too.

4) Had dinner with Tiffany and Krista. What did we talk about? I remember we lamented about how crazy our allergies had been this week. We also talked about Tiffany's awesome apartment. I also realized how glad I was that both of them will be around in Chicago for the foreseeable future. We're approaching their graduation and that could have meant good-byes, but thankfully it won't.

5) Green Beans Amandine. Sautee some garlic and toss in a bit of salt and pepper and then add in some steamed green beans and top it off with roasted almonds. The result is heavenly. Thanks go to the Occasional Vegetarian as usual.

6) Made this Curried Chicken. Very tasty.

7) Guava juice for all!

8) I finished making dinner earlier than I expected and so while I waited for Tiffany and Krista to show up I built this Lego candle to put on the table. To be fair the one I had on the table for dinner did not have the little finger loop. I built that later on Tiffany's suggestion.


9) Stephanie sent me this Back to the Future 1 & 2 side by side video. You know that part where Marty goes to his parent's high school dance and then he does it again in the second movie. Well this video lines those two parts up to play at the same time so you can appreciate how well they match up. It really made me appreciate the second one more.

10) Went to TI for juice and ice cream and fruit

11) French vanilla ice cream

12) Caught up on the past few Break a Leg conversations and bloopers.

13) Watched the season finale of House. Intense. Let's see how long House's guilt/remorse lasts. If it's anything like his miraculous leg healing, he and Wilson will be back to normal 3 episodes into next season. Anyone want to place bets?

No comments: