Saturday, May 3, 2008

Hey, it's Saturday!

1) Arrested Development - "Key Decisions" highlights
Lucille: [about Buster's new girlfriend] He doesn't even know what she looks like.
Buster: I know she's a brownish area... with points. And I know I love her!
Lucille: I'm calling Dr. Miller.

Lucille: When's the last time you went on a date?
Michael: I just haven't met anybody who's not completely self-absorbed and impossible to have a conversation with.
Lucille: If that's a veiled criticism about me, I won't hear it and I won't respond to it.
Michael: Hmm... Maybe not.
2) Then I went downtown and did some shopping. First I went to Foot Locker and got these new sneakers.


3) Then I went to Old Navy and got a couple new shirts and a new pair of pants.

4) Got lunch at Potbellies

5) And then since I was already in the building I stopped by the Lego store and got this Indiana Jones set from the new movie.

6) Met Paul and Stephanie to see Iron Man. Since it was a comic book movie there were some awesome trailers - batman, hulk , indiana jones

7) Iron Man was very good. I mean, the story was 100% predictable, but Robert Downey Jr. was just so much fun to watch. Also, the special effects were very cool, especially Tony Stark's crazy holographic computer.

8) Then I finished off my day of shopping by making a trip to Crate and Barrel. Stephanie came along and helped me find all the things I needed - a whisk, a measuring cup, a set of mixing bowls, and a garlic press. The garlic press is very cool. It has a rubber foot for pushing the bits of garlic out of the grate. I took a series of pictures trying to illustrate this, but I think you really have to see it yourself to truly appreciate how cool it is.






9) Watched Arrested Devlopment - "Charity Drive" in which Michael inadvertently kidnaps a woman and Lindsay hates the wetlands.

10) Put together that new Indiana Jones set. The blades spin as you roll it forward. Also there a button you can press to have pieces of the top fly off. Pretty cool.

11) Stephanie mentioned Pandora and I had to go try it out. It's a customizable internet radio. You can have up to 100 different channels and you control what music gets played on each station by typing in artists or songs you like and then it plays other songs that are similar to that. I've been wanting something like this for ages. It's the perfect way to find new music to listen to. So I played around with it for a couple hours today while I worked on updating this blog. I have one station that pretty much always plays something I like, I seeded it with Radiohead, Interpol and Coldplay and call it Radio Interplay. I had Weezer added in for a while, but that brought in a whole bunch of artists and songs that didn't really fit, so I took them off. It's too bad, Razer Interplay is an awesome name.

12) Arrested Development - "Visiting Ours" and "In God We Trust" - "Have we tried Up/Off yet?" - GOB and Maeby not knowing where Portugal is - Wayne Jarvis hiding being a pro at ducking down and hiding behind stuff.

No comments: