Saturday, May 10, 2008

ScavOlympics

1) Waking up without an alarm

2) AD -"Public Relations" -
George Michael Bluth: You know, I have a job.
Tobias Fünke: [coughing] Kiss ass... well we were all thinking it.
Buster: Uh, I'm unclear about what it is exactly you do...
Publicist: Excellent question, what a publicist does is...
Buster: No, no, no I was talking to George Michael. When did you get a job?
George Michael Bluth: At the banana stand.
Buster: Oh! Duh! I thought you meant like a plumber or something and I was like 'when did that happen?'

Jessie: And Tobias, you're a medical doctor and you're living an absurd fantasy as an actor. It's time to get real.
Tobias: Wow. It's a tough talk, but I like it. You're saying "land a major film".

Lucille: I'll have the Ike and Tina tuna.
Waitress: Plate or platter?
Lucille: I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.
3) Then I was contemplating my kitchen table, which was covered with all the Lego sets I've gotten in the last few months and was trying to figure out where I could put them all. Then I discovered a previously unused lego display space. I never used the cabinets above my fridge, because they are inconvenient and I had plenty of cabinet space anyway. But they are perfect for displaying lego.

4) Then I went to ScavOlympics to capture the insanity. The first event I filmed was Human Battleship. The way it was played is two teams got on opposite sides of this tall concrete wall. Each team had 4 people lay down along the convenient grid of concrete squares on the ground. Then one "admiral" from each team would throw water balloons over the wall and try and hit the other team. A judge would tell then if they hit, missed, or threw out of bounds. It was pretty great. The look of terror on the human battleships' faces was priceless.

5) Then I filmed the most unsafe, unsanitary, uncanny, thing I've ever seen. Imagine raw chickens made to move around like marionettes. Also the raw chickens have razor blades or a knife protruding with them and a bag of giblet taped to them. Now imagine two of these chickens fighting each other attempting to puncture the other's bag of giblets with the razor blades. And yes this quickly devolved into people wildly swinging raw razorblade-y chickens at each other. Meanwhile there is a circle of people around them who suddenly decide to take a few steps back. Just wait until you see the video.

6) Then there was a very short lived pie throwing fight. It was more of a pie free for all.

7) Played more mario kart - unlocked Daisy (but is she Daisy? She doesn't say "Hi I'm Daisy!" so how can we be sure?)

8) Then I unlocked me! Or Mii rather. That's right you can play as a Mii, so you can play as yourself. Once I had made myself a little shorter and thinner so I fell into the medium weight class instead of the heavy weight I was ready to play as myself. I have not used another character since.

9) Had some left overs

10) Did dishes

11) Went to the store

12) Playerpictionary with Paul, Stephanie and Alex. I was very proud of my drawing of Honeymoon

13) Played a little more Mario kart - unlocked baby luigi.

No comments: