Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Where in Hyde Park is Carmen SanDiego?

1) So at work we keep all of our media and files on a local server. Recently we've been close to running out of space. We were down to a single terrabyte, which can go pretty quickly. But today I had a revelation about a type of big file that there was no reason for us to keep and was able to free up another terrabyte, so now we have 2! Should last us until we get another unit for the server at least.

2) I replaced the water jug on the water cooler. I had always wondered how that was accomplished without spilling water everywhere and now I know.

3) Gettting the mustmayostardayonnaise song stuck in Tiffany's head

4) Putting pajamas on when I came home.

5) Had soup for dinner. I think today was one of the days where I was feeling sick again.

6) Dr Who - "Father's Day" - So sad, but very good.

7) Then I took the nap of oblivion. It's one of those naps where I wake up and have no idea where I am or what time it is or what's going on.

8) Congo bars - NARM NARM NARM!

9) Walking to campus all bundled up. (e.g. I put jeans over my pajama pants)

10) Sitting in DOC with Theo and Tiffany and Seth and Sam

11) Mead showed two short films: "Paseo" & "Zombie Dog"(that's not what it's called, but it's what I always think of it as) Paseo was gorgeous (Tiffany did the camera work) and well done all around. The two main actors worked really well together and there were some very good soundtrack choices. Zombie Dog had a bunch of technical issues, but was still pretty enjoyable.

12) Then Felipe showed his movie about Carmen San Diego stealing Rockefeller chapel. I had read the script in screenwriter's so I already knew what was going to happen, but that didn't really affect my experience. It was pretty funny and not too defaming to Carmen, which was my initial worry from reading the script. The action sequences were solid as well. Very well done.

13) I downloaded and played through the PA OtRPoD Demo. It is very clearly a Penny Arcade production. Everything looks like Gabe drew it and the humor is their usual blend of profanity and absurdity. I very much enjoyed seeing what was in all the trashcans, I don't know how much of this stuff Tycho wrote, but it's got his classic wit. I haven't decided if I'll buy the full game. My computer was able to run it, but not very well, there were a lot of dropped frames and such.

14) Today's xkcd is great and reminds me of one of my other favorites, it overflows with perfection.

No comments: