Friday, May 30, 2008

Whoa! This stuff happened yesterday!

1) I got up a littel earlier than I needed to today, not exactly on purpose. But I used that extra time to try out some Lego techniques. I had seen this picture thanks to the Brothers Brick and wanted to figure out how he made those rectangles on the floor. After I had recreated that I messed around with some SNOT arrangements and accidentally stumbled upon this cool edge of a filmstrip look. Now I have to figure out something to use it in...


2) The morning I spent filming a conference and reaped the benefits of their breakfast spread. Juice and muffins were had.

3) Got my paycheck. I spent a lot of money this month, so my bank account was actually dipping down pretty low for once so I really appreciated it.

4) I bought an umbrella. I had been planning to buy this umbrella for a while, and it was raining enough today that I decided it was time. Here's what the outside looks like.

And here's what the totally awesome inside looks like:

This is the pattern of a stained glass window in Rockefeller chapel. It's gorgeous. I didn't realize it was only on the inside when I bought it, but that's kind of perfect. I mean it's not like I bought this so random people could admire it. Only people who would be under my umbrella anyway get the privilege. It just like when Stephanie insisted that we have our shower curtain face inward. It makes perfect sense.

5) Came home and took an hour and a half nap. What can I say? I'm not used to waking up at 6.

6) After I woke up I was groggy and had about an hour to kill before the FE Spring Festival so I downloaded and played through the Peggle demo. It's sort of like a combination between breakout and plinko. It was fun while it lasted, but I don't think I'll ever play it again.

7) As I was walking to the screening (I took the scenic route through the park by MSI) my umbrella came in handy as it suddenly started raining.

8) The Fire Escape Spring Festival was enjoyable. It was in the Film Studies center instead of Doc, but at least it actually happened this year. My favorite piece was "Horsey" by Theo. It was a surreal music video with a loving couple and a horse skull. Mr. President got some good laughs and a good reception so that's good.

9) Then we went to Salonica for Screenwriter's except we were at 3 different tables so we didn't actually have a meeting, but it was still a lot of fun and also there was food. Yum.

1o) Came home and had the last of the French Vanilla ice cream (it was only a pint).

11) Dave and Gerry offering to cover parts of the conference tomorrow (today)! This meant that, while I still had to work on Saturday, it would only be for ~3 hours instead of ~7. As you may have noticed, I used this extra time to catch up on this blog as I am now officially caught up to the present! Now if you'll excuse me, I have some Legos to put together.

No comments: