Monday, May 19, 2008

Whosday

1) Sam's Torchwood Second City fic - Basically he rewrote the first season of Trochwood as if it had been an American show rather than a British show and thus based in Chicago rather than Cardiff. Also in this story Dr. Who is a spin-off of it and not the other way around. It was lovely.

2) Easing back into work, I always take it slow on the first day of the week.

3) Umart California wrap

4) Walking home even though it was a little chilly

5) Pita and hummus and carrots as a snack

6) Went shopping - to really fill up this wonderful fridge

7) Watched the 1st episode of Doctor Who (the 2005 one). Stephanie has been wanting me to watch them for a while because she's almost done with the second season and has no one to talk to about any of it. And since I was thinking about the Whoniverse because of Sam's fic it seemed like an appropriate time. highlights: "Nice to meet you, Rose. [holds up the bomb] Run for your life!" "Lots of planets have a North!" "Did I mention it also travels in time?"

8) Then I made Peppercorn Chicken and maple carrots. Yum!

9) Then I watched the 2nd episode of Dr. Who - "The End of the World" - Highlights: Jabe the tree-woman.
The Doctor: [opening Rose's phone] Tell you what. With a bit of jiggery pokery-
Rose: Is that a technical term, "jiggery pokery"?
The Doctor: Yeah, I came first in jiggery pokery, what about you?
Rose: Nah, I failed Hullabaloo.

10) While I was updating this blog I went on several Wikipedia whirls (which is shorter and more contained than a Wikipedia spiral.)
11) I created a brickset profile. I did this so I could write reviews (no one had written one for Space Skulls yet!) but then I also got sucked in to trying to go back and remember all the sets I own. These are just the ones I could remember off the top of my head.

No comments: