Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Beginning of a New Age

1) Doing a little work with lego in the morning. I changed the windows in the Room of the Red Death from their previous state to the much nicer versions pictured in yesterday's post.

2) Josh started work. Josh is awesome. He's laid back, but at the same time he is extremely knowledgeable and he gets stuff done. It's also really nice to have someone in the office all the time to talk with again. It can get kind of lonely in there. Josh is also funny and has a great demeanor so I look forward to working with him. That's very good since that's what I'll be doing.

3) It was Julie Peterson's birthday so we went over to the News Office to celebrate with a little pizza party. Julie talked about why she loved working in higher education and it made me remember how awesome it is to work in a place where people are generally curious and inquisitive and open to suggestions and criticism etc.

4) I worked on editing down the footage from Scavhunt into a few short videos. They're now up online.

5) Although I wasn't keen on covering the shoot. It was nice to be able to walk (with all the equipment) to a shoot and then home without excruciating pain.

6) There were chips and guacamole and fruit etc. at the shoot. And I spent most of it surfing the internet on my iPod Touch.

7) There are some amazing Lego creations out there. Like this floating victorian city.

8) Leftovers for dinner.

9) DW- The Christmas Invasion" - The Doctor's wink at Rose
The Doctor: You just can't get the staff. [points at him] Now you! Just wait, I'm busy! [Aside] Mickey, hello! And Harriet Jones, MP for Flydale North! Blimey, it's like This Is Your Life! [to Rose] Tea! That's all I needed! Good cup of tea! Super-heated infusion of free-radicals and tannins, just the thing for healing the synapses. Now, first things first. Be honest. How do I look?
Rose: Umm... different.
The Doctor: Good different or bad different?
Rose: Just.... different.
The Doctor: Am I.... ginger?
Rose: No, you're just sort of.... brown.
The Doctor: [disappointed] Aw, I wanted to be ginger! I've never been ginger! And you, Rose Tyler! Fat lot of good you were! You gave up on me! [Rose looks annoyed] Ooh, that's rude.... Is that the sort of man I am now? Am I rude? Rude and not ginger.

The Doctor: A great big threatening button which must not be pressed under any circumstances, am I right? Let me guess, it's some sort of control matrix, hmm? Hold on, what's feeding it? And what have we got here? Blood? :[tastes] Yep, definitely, blood, human blood, A-positive, with just a dash of iron. Haagh. But that means.... blood control; blood control!! Awwww, I haven't seen blood control for years!
I must say, I haven't known him long but the 10th Doctor has already supplanted the 9th Doctor in my head as The Doctor. I n fact I was thinking back to something that happened last season and I was imagining DT doing it instead of CE.

10) Had some more delicious pumpkin lumpkin (as I'm calling it today).

11) Had a desire to make a lego version of Purva de la Fitte from Jack and Ellis. Was able to more or less do it with the pieces I had on hand, but I ordered the head from Bricklink. Should get the pieces sometime this week.

1 comment:

concretesphinx said...

Actually the pie fight was very satisfying.