Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Eggplant Delight

1) Finally got our server (Scorsese) to show up on that one computer. I don't even want to talk about the two weeks it spent disconnected from the server and why etc.

2) Got a call from Adam about meeting tomorrow.

3) Returned the rental car in time with no hassle

4) Got soy sauce, which I had not had when I made the fried rice yesterday. It made it much better.

5) Sam's new tw fic

6) Grape tomatoes

7) DW - "Girl in the Fireplace" - It's sad that Madame de Pompadour didn't get to go travel with the Doctor for a while. The problem with television shows is that sometimes things happen because of casting issues. Because obviously they can't just add companions willy-nilly, but that's definitely how the Doctor woud assumulate them. He also wouldn't have been so stupid as to walk out through the time window without her like that.

[Mickey and Rose are strapped to tables on the Clockwork Droids' ship]
Clockwork Droid: You are compatible.
Rose: Well, you might want to think about that. You really, really might because me and Mickey; we didn't come here alone. No, no. And trust me, you wouldn't want to mess with our designated driver.
[The Clockwork Droid snaps out a cutting tool at Rose's throat]
Rose: Ever heard of the Daleks? Remember them? They had a name for our friend. They had myths about him and a name. They called him "The. . ."
[The Doctor is heard singing and banging about]
Rose: They. . .they. . .they called him. . .
[The Doctor stumbles in; tie tied around his head, wearing sunglasses, and carrying a glass of wine]
The Doctor: [singing] I could've spread my wings and done a thou... [breaks off] Have you met the French? My God, they know how to party!
Rose: [disgusted] Oh, look at what the cat dragged in: "The Oncoming Storm."
The Doctor: You sound just like your mother.
Rose: What have you been doing? Where have you been?!
The Doctor: Well, among other things, I think I just invented the Banana Daquiri a couple of centuries early. Did you know they've never even seen a banana before? Always take a banana to a party, Rose. Bananas are good.
[to one of the Droids]
The Doctor: It's you! You're my favorite, you are, you are the best! Do you know why? 'Cause you're so thick. You're Mister Thick-Thick-Thickity-Thick Face from Thicktown, Thickania. [beat] And so's your dad.

The Doctor: Don't worry, Reinette, just a nightmare. Everyone has nightmares. Even monsters from under the bed have nightmares, don't you, monster?
Reinette: What do monsters have nightmares about?
The Doctor: Me!

Mickey: What's a horse doing on a spaceship?
The Doctor: Mickey, what's pre-revolutionary France doing on a spaceship? Get a little perspective!

Reinette: My dear Doctor: the path has never seemed more slow, and yet I fear I am nearing its end. Reason tells me that you and I are unlikely to meet again, but I think I shall not listen to reason. I have seen the world inside your head and know that all things are possible. Hurry though, my love: my days grow shorter now, and I am so very weak. Godspeed, my lonely angel.

8) Then I went over to Jim's place for a vegetarian potluck. I brought my (much improved) egg fried rice. There were a lot of good things. A couple things with tomatoes. A imprbable salad that had watermelon and pine nuts and somehow worked.

9) There was a tasty eggplant thingy too. Oh yeah, Theo spent the whole time working away on that in the kitchen while everyone ate everything else and so then it turned into a dessert kind of thing. I don't know if I can properly descirbe it, he had baked the eggplants with garlic and fried up some onions and then he cooked all that togetehr with maybe some other stuff and then he had some bread and you took a piece of bread and put this warm wonderful eggplant conction on it and it was absolutely delicious.

10) Then I went back to work and got stuff done to music with no distractions. One of the reasons I sometimes don't mind coming in at night, is that it's usually more enjoyable than working during the day.

11) Sent an e-mail to Jim form NetDevil about the job. Never heard back, but at least I know I tried.

No comments: