Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Jumbo Legos

1) Sleeping in

2) Chocolate Chex are awesome. I've known this for a while and I have Stephanie to thank for telling me of their existence, but this morning I particularly appreciated them. They have the perfect ratio of chocolate to Chex. It's not so much that you feel like you're eating a chocolate bar, but it's enough that the milk gets chocolatey and every spoonful is a spoonful of delicious.

3) Leaving work and starting my vacation! That right, we're finally approaching the actual write-up of Brickworld!

4)I went to Enterprise to pick up my rental car and the whole process was painless and very easy. Woohoo! The car I was given was a blue PT Cruiser, which I wouldn't have chosen, I mean PT cruisers are kind of ugly, but it turned out to be fine.

5) Having a mac computer at home.

6) My external drive not being dead even though I dropped it earlier today.

7)Nothing like leftovers for dinner.

8) FF - War Stories - Kaylee and River playing -
[Book pulls out a rifle.]
Book: This should do.
Zoe: Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?
Book: Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

[Zoe, Wash, and Jayne come across Mal's struggle with his tormentor. Jayne raises his pistol, but Zoe stops him.]
Zoe: Jayne. This is something the Captain has to do for himself.
Mal: No! No it's not!
Zoe: Oh.
[They open fire, killing the torturer.]
9) FF - Trash
Inara: Right, you're a criminal mastermind! What was the last cargo we snuck past the Alliance to transport?
Mal: That was a little dif—
Inara: What was the cargo?
Mal: [pauses, embarrassed] They were dolls.
Inara: They were little geisha dolls with big heads that wobbled!
Mal: Hey! People love those!
River: Also… I can kill you with my brain.

10) Read some more of the unofficial Lego builders guide and then applied that technique to make these 6X jumbo bricks.

They even work like regular legos!


11) I was unsatisfied with the jumbo slope, because the top was wider than I wanted it to be and I knew of a way to fix it but didn't have the parts to do so. Then I remembered that I now had a usable version of LDD and used that to make a better brick. It was very quick too thanks to cut and paste. The one on the left is the ideal one and the one the right is the one I built out of physical bricks.

But the real superiority of the left one becomes apparent when you stack two slopes on top of one another:

No comments: