Monday, June 2, 2008

Last week before Josh starts!

1) This morning SleepyDave convinced me there was something I needed to do in bed in order to wake up. I don't know how he does it but I think that SleepyDave's real power lies in convincing me (and himself) that it is possible to achieve other things than sleeping by sleeping. (If only this were true, imagine how productive I would be.) However despite this trickery, I only slept an extra hour and I was still awake before I normally am.

2) I know it's kind of gaudy, but I really like this colorful garden lego creation.

3) Around 11 Renee comes into the office with Cassius (her cute boxer) and asks me to watch him for an hour while she runs to a meeting. At first he eyed me suspiciously and barked at me once, but then I petted him some more and he decided I was alright and took a nap at my feet. I love dogs.

4) Then I went to the Pierce lobby to wait for Kelly and ECNAD practice. I sat down in one of the comfy chairs and promptly fell asleep. It was only 5-10 minutes but it was nice.

5) Kelly woke up and declared ECNAD a no-go. She had been feeling like it wasn't going to happen for a while since so few people were showing up. I had felt that too. Say what you will about enthusiasm, four people dancing in the library is hardly a spectacle. So when only I showed up for the practice today she decided to finally call it off for good. We both admitted we were a little relieved. So that's all good.

Then she drove us to the grocery store where we both had to pick up a couple things. And then she drove me home. Not that I needed to be driven either of those places, but I was tired adn she was already driving so I wasn't going to stop her.

6) I got some real mail! It was a (belated graduation) card from Dom's parents. It contained this quote from Dom (probably from one of his journals:

"Perfection lies in falling in love with every instant in one's life. Not simply being satisfied with every instant but truly falling in love with it. When one can see the beauty in all that is their perception, a perfect moment is. A perfect moment contains no hope, because hope requires the possibility that a more perfect moment exists. No perfect instant is greater than another, and all instants are perfect."

This is one of the things I loved about Dom, he seemed to have a love affair with living.

6) For dinner I made something new - one of the recipes Jenny gave me - Chickpea Basil Saute. It's very tasty and very simple. It takes virtually no time to cook. I started the rice before I started cutting up vegetables and the sautee was still done before the rice. Granted it's brown rice so it takes 40 minutes, but still, I was shocked at how fast it went. I decided to take a picture of it because it looks good and because I decided I should put more pictures on this blog because I like pictures on blogs. The blog just looks sort of barren without any pictures. So I think I'm going to try to have at least one picture per post.


7) AD - "Let Em Eat Cake"
Lindsay: Is that a shot at me? Because, for your information, I have a job.
Michael: Really? What kind of job?
Lindsay: Beads.
Gob: Bees?!
Lindsay: Beads!
Gob: Beads?!
Michael: Gob's not on board.

Gob: Oh. Good. Well, I’ll start my own business. How hard can it be? [Buzzes] We’ll see who brings in more honey. [Buzzes and walks off]
Michael: He's thinking about bees again.

GOB: I'll handle this one, Michael. [to Lindsay] It'll take a lot more than a heart attack to kill that old bear. [while sobbing] Old bear! He likes the honey! He never got a chance to see my bee business take off.
Michael: Hey, GOB, dad's gonna be around another ten years. Your business, well, might not.
Gob: You're a good brother, Michael. Heart attack never stopped - old big bear!
Buster: I didn't even know we were calling him 'big bear'! [starting to cry]
Gob: [still sobbing] We never had the chance to!

Gob: The zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. Sick of playing second fiddle. Always third in line for everything. Tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. [thinks for a moment] There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.
8) Played a little Mario Kart... online! So they've been having tournaments every couple weeks or so, I haven't participated in any of them before. One, because it takes me a slight amount of effort to get my wii online and two because they were nothing special. The new tournament takes place on a level that doesn't exist in the game otherwise (so far as anyone knows) and involves a type of gameplay not otherwise in the game. I played a few time until I got my time down to what I considered pretty respectable (under 30 seconds). And while it lets you compare your time against all the others is doesn't give you a numerical ranking. It just told me my ranking was A. I don't think I really care enough to further improve my time. But nice to know it was a good time.

9) Had a delicious Strawberry Kiwi yogurt. I was disappointed in yoplait strawberry yogurt, and their strawberry mango was only marginally better. The strawberry kiwi however, is perfect.

10) Fresh laundry.

No comments: