2) Ben. Ben Ben Ben. When we were frantically trying to figure out alternative photo booths I called and left him a message to see if he had time to build one in the next couple days. He sent me a text message saying that if we sent him the specifications and a budget tonight he would make it happen. When I called him later to tell him that we no longer needed him to do that, he had already started calling places in town to see if there was anything like that.
He is also lending us one of his cameras for the weekend and all his camera batteries. Also he will be covering the thing on Sunday and probably some stuff on Friday and Saturday. Also he is covering a shoot at IIT tomorrow afternoon and one downtown Thursday morning. I'm so glad he quit his full time job.
3) AV services is letting us use their tripod for the weekend for free.
4) Texting with Stephanie. Did you get our memo?
5) My brain was scattered when I got home and I was hungry. Pita and Hummus and Dr. Who to the rescue! "The Doctor Dances"
- Jack: Okay, this can function as a sonic blaster, a sonic cannon, and a triple enfolded sonic disruptor. Doc, whatcha' got?
- The Doctor: [pulls out the sonic screwdriver] I've got a sonic, uh, oh never mind.
- Jack: What?
- The Doctor: It's sonic. Okay, let's leave it at that.
- Jack: Disruptor? Cannon? What?!
- The Doctor: It's sonic. Totally sonic! I'm sonicked up!
- Jack: A sonic what?!
- The Doctor: SCREWDRIVER!
- Jack: [incredulously] Who has a sonic screwdriver?
- The Doctor: I do!
- Rose: [to herself] Lights!
- Jack: Who looks at a screwdriver and thinks, "Ooo, this could be a little more sonic"?
- The Doctor: What, you've never been bored?
- Rose: There's gotta' be a light switch!
- Doctor: [to Jack] Never had a long night? Never had a lot of cabinets to put up?
- The Doctor: Everybody lives, Rose! Just this once! Everybody lives!!
Oh Jack, you wonderful Time-traveling bisexual you.
6) I took a much needed nap. I woke up utterly confused.
7) Made mashed hashed browns for dinner. They're not quite the same as when mom makes them, but still quite tasty.
8) Read a bit of Dirk Gently. I've also been reading it before bed everynight, which is usually after I write these up which is why you haven't heard about it recently. It is very funny and Dirk has finally shown up and is being eccentric and awesome. But I think his secretary might be my favorite (human) character (the horse wins), even though she's barely in it. She keeps insisting that she isn't Dirk secretary any more, but she keeps hanging around trying to make Dirk notice that she's quit.
9) AD - "The one where Michael Leaves" - Oscar getting clubbed by the police repeatedly - The cheesy music that plays whenever Oscar implies that he's Buster's father - All the foreshadowing
- Michael: Yes I do, but that is not a family, okay? They’re a bunch of greedy, selfish people who have our nose. And Aunt Lindsay.
- George Michael: She’s not my real aunt?
- Michael: Not her real nose. Got a picture of her when she’s fourteen in a swimming cap. She looks like a falcon.
10) Admiring the mist as I walked back to work to finish up some things I didn't get done during the day. Very swirly and shiny.
11) An e-mail from Tiffany about dinner this week and then with this video of an incredibly awkward interview with a Spelling Bee champion