Wednesday, June 4, 2008

pish posh push past pest post

1) The other occupants of our floor moved to the Admin building this week. They had a little pizza party today. It was pizza capri pizza and there was a good salad too. Although we didn't interact on a daily basis, we did see them everyday and it's going to be lonely with noone else on the floor.

2) I walked home down 57th and through the little park. There's a nice little path and trees. If I squint I can pretend I'm in a field.

3) The Franky Job is currently the featured film on Brickfilms I think they change those once a month or so. I'm not sure who decides what films get featured, but I sure appreciate the added publicity. The youTube video has gotten approximately 100 hits a day since it up. Huzzah!

4) Took a nap once I got home.

5) Went for a run, although I ended up walking about half of the way because I got distracted.

6) However the distractions were nice. The mist was very captivating, it made me wish I could take pictures with my eyes and then transfer them to a computer. I mean it's already 2008, it's the future, I don't think it's too much to ask for.

7) The other thing I was distracted by was this poem that started composing itself as I ran. The beginning line is stolen from one I had started a while back, like a couple years ago, but it never really went anywhere. Now I have a sense of how it could work, even if I only have a few lines.

the dullard sea lips and laps slip-slap, slip-slap it licks and smacks slick-slack, slick-slack

8) Leftovers for dinner.

9) Then I had fresh cantaloupe!


10) AD- "The one where they build a house"
Narrator: Gob charged at Michael with the scissors, but Michael,
Michael: Put it down.
Narrator: as he always did, picked rock...
Gob: Make it collapse. Make me look foolish.
Michael: Gob, don’t do this. Gob, the scissors!
Narrator:...which beat scissors. Unfortunately, the whole incident was covered by the paper.

Michael: George Michael, I’m sure that Egg is a very nice person. I just don’t want you spending all your money...
George Michael: Ann.
Michael: ... getting her all glittered up for Easter, you know?
11) Read new bits in Stephanie's murder mystery. Laughed at the thing about the cat thing she stole from RegularTim.

12) Took a shower so I wouldn't have to bother with one in the morning.

13) Finished Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency. It was funny and witty throughout, but the climax was just absurd. I did not see the time travel coming. Or the near-extinction of all of humanity. But you know, these things happen. I was excited to find out there is another book starring Dirk Gently. Once I have reduced my pile of unread books I might pick it up. This book was also another one from the Lila Book list, so cross that off.

No comments: