Saturday, June 28, 2008

Week-End

1) Sleeping in!

2) These cool truck pictures from Aunt Mary Pat

3) Getting all my Brickworld photos up on flickr and starting to organize them.

4) AD - "Switch Hitter"
Michael: What do you think of when you hear the word Sudden Valley?
George Michael: Salad dressing, I think. But for some reason, I don’t want to eat it.
Michael: Right. But Paradise Gardens...
George Michael: Yeah. Okay, I can... I can see marinating a chicken in that.
5) Started reading "Stowaway to the Mushroom Planet." It doesn't quite have the magic of the first book, but it tells a good story and leaves me wanting to read the rest of that series. Too bad they're so obscure.

6) Went to see "Wall-E" with Paul and Stephanie. It was very good. But I mean, it's Pixar, what else would you expect? The later half had some annoying bits, but mostly it was just gorgeous animation and lots of humor and good storytelling. It's not the Incredibles, but it's still up there.

7) Grabbed Potbellies for late lunch/early dinner.

8) Once I got home, I got to work doing some stuff I had been meaning to do since Brickworld. So as I mentioned in those posts, one of the people I met there was Mark Larson. And one of his claims to fame is his series "The Fabuland Housewives." I've never seen "Desperate Housewives" so I can't say how much it follows the format of that, but I'm sure that it's much better. As much as it's a long soap opera/ drama about involving murder and adultery, it's mostly focused on humor. I mean considering all the characters are animal-headed people, it can't take itself too seriously. So it ends up being a bit like Clue, a mix of murder mystery and comedy, except that it's a serial. There's also a decent amount of gay characters, which I always appreciate and some of the character development is actually quite good. I recommend it.

Anyway I read through the first two episodes. Some highlights:
"What are you two talking about?" "Not adultery!"
"I'm sorry. I was busy fantasizing about you."
"Now don't be scared Gavin. Just go across the street and take a picture of that dead body."
"Perfect. So here's the plan. Lily, provide us with financial security and Hunter, provide us with emotional security."
"Oh for god's sake, that's just a picture of a cake. What's wrong with you?"
Also, pretty much every scene with Gavin is pure gold.

9) Had left over chips from the Mambo grill.

10) Cleaning up the kitchen table

11) 2 more episodes of Fabuland Housewives
"You leave her alone, Fox or I'll kill you too. I mean only. I'll kill you only. I haven't killed anyone else..."

12) In other follow-up business from Brickworld I finally went to Justin's brickshelf page and sent him an e-mail with my thoughts on his MOCs.

No comments: