Wednesday, July 16, 2008

And it's plain to see - my blogging tendency - is on the rise

1) Woke up this morning, turned off the alarms and then slept for an hour on my couch. This is better than if i had gone back to sleep in my bed because when I wake up on the couch I realize that something is wrong and I should probably get moving.

2) I realized that I could ride my bike to work! When I first got my bike I had thought about that, but then it was too cold and then the seat was too low and then I forgot. But today I remembered and it was like a revelation.

3) I watched the first act of Dr. Horrible for the third time. Although Stephanie was the first one to mention it to me, by this point many people had e-mailed me about it. It was good to know that everyone was spreading the word and that there's no way I wouldn't have heard about it - that would have been more tragic than the ending!

4) Left overs

5) Nap

6) Bike ride back to work (I had left early so as to nap)

7) I got a "Peach Mangosteen Bliss" naked juice. What's a mangosteen I thought? I also got some Sun Chips

8) I stumbled upon this weird 3d Radiohead music "video." There are quotation marks because the whole thing was captured with out using a single camera. Instead they used lasers and captured a whole bunch of 3D information. The coolest part of the video is toward the end where there is a room full of people walking around. You can also play around with the 3d data they took of Thom Yorke's face while he's singing. This is much cooler than most of the video, because you can spin around and watch from all different angles. They also have all the data available for download so that you could, for instance, recreate this with Legos.

9) I worked with Pandora playing for a while and finally got all the stuff from the winter and Spring quarters uploaded to Chicago Amplified. This should have been done months ago, but it got pushed to the back of my priorities.

10) Finally blogged day 2 of Brickworld

11) Act Two of Dr. Horrible went up sometime after midnight.
God I love that first song, it's definitely the best - DH as the evil soup scooper - The very final verse of that song where Penny and DH sing similar but different things. -
"Psyche! I love it."
"Mmm"
"So good!"
Billy:
Hey, this is weird. I ordered one frozen yoghurt and they gave me two. You don't happen to like frozen yoghurt, do you?
Penny: I love it!
Billy: You're kidding? What a crazy random happenstance!
"Get right out of town. How was that?"
Penny: (about Hammer) He's a really good-looking guy, and I thought he was kind of cheesy at first...
Billy: (quietly) Trust your instincts.
Penny: But, he turned out to be totally sweet. Sometimes people are layered like that. There's something totally different underneath than what's on the surface.
Billy: And sometimes there's a third, even deeper level. And that one is the same as the top, surface one.
Penny: (confused) Huh?
Billy: Like with pie.
~~~~
Penny: Billy, you're driving a spork into your leg.
Billy: So I am. Hillarious!
"Th-uh-e uh Freeze Ray needs work."
"Captain Hammer threw a car at my head."
Moist trying to open a jar.
"Look at me man, I'm Moist. At my most badass I make people feel like they need to take a shower."
"That's your new catchphrase?"
Billy: I want to be an achiever... like Bad Horse.
Penny: The Thoroughbred of Sin?
Billy: I meant Gandhi.
"Oh goodness, look at my wrist! Gotta go."
"She's[Penny's] giving it up hard 'cause she's with Captain Hammer and these [Holding up his fists] are not the hammer. [Leaves]
[Beat]
[Returns]

The hammer is my penis."
The little smile DH does right before the last song
His face on the word "light" - it gets me almost as much as the wink
Stalker photo of penny (I didn't notice this until Stephanie pointed it out)
His giant armchair
Giant DH crushing the tiny people

Man, it's so wonderful. I can't even handle it sometimes.

No comments: