Friday, July 4, 2008

The day before Stephanie's Birthday!

1) DW - "Age of Steel"
Pete: I thought it was the security services, what do I get? Scooby-Doo and his gang! They've even got the van!
Mickey: No, no, but the Preachers know what they're doing. Ricky said he's London's most wanted.
Ricky: Yeah, that's not exactly...
Mickey: Not exactly what?
Ricky: I'm London's most wanted for... parking tickets.
Pete: Great.
Ricky: Yeah, they were deliberate, I was fighting the system! Park anywhere, That's me.
The Doctor: Good policy. I do much the same.
2) I was sitting at my computer, minding my own business, when suddenly I hear the far off sound of bagpipes. Bagpipes? Why yes, for some reason The U of C always leads off any procession with bagpipes and the hype park community parade was apparently no exception. Also, it went right in front of my house. I didn't even have to get up. I went to the grocery store and walked past the rest of it. It was a bit small by my standards. There was only one band! And it only took about 30 minutes to pass. That's no parade, that's barely a procession.

3) I began doing the huge pile of dishes that had accumulated.

4) On Stephanie's recommendation I got into the comics of Kate Beaton. Sometimes her comics are about historical figures I've never heard of, but some times they are accessible to anyone. Like this hilarious one that Stephanie sent me that started me on the binge.

5) I built a new prototype of the field monster's head. I realized that the hand doesn't have to be a hand. And why should it be a hand? That would just be so humanocentric. So I think the monster is going to be more of an elk now, instead of that humanoid thing I made before. Easier to animate quadrupeds anyway.


I did it in yellow because I was running out of green.

6) Then I went over to Krista's for a BBQ. I brought over some mesquite chicken I had marinaded in the morning and she had a bunch of hamburgers and hotdogs and some tasty grapes and there was some other food too. It was a great meal.

7) Then we had the second rehearsal for Dr. Sympathy.

8) I made a quick stop at work to send off something someone wanted before the weekend. Maybe 10 minutes there.

9) Then I apparently took a 2 hour nap. It was one of those naps where I wake up and don't know what happened.

10) I got up out of bed and saw my bike, which had been sitting in my bedroom since April when that woman informed me the seat was too low. I had tried once and failed, but when Adam was here he said that it should be something I could do on my own so I decided to try again. I looked up instruction manuals for that bike company online to see if they could help me. It confirmed my original idea, so I realized I just hadn't pulled hard enough. So I tried again and once I got it past the first bit of resistance it came out very easily and I adjusted it up quite a bit.
The brown dirty ring is the level it used to be at. Hooray! Now I can use my bike again.

11) I went for a quick spin on my bike to the point and discovered I had slept through the fireworks. Oh well.

12) Did more dishes

13) Apparently did some work on this blog

No comments: