Sunday, July 27, 2008

Didn't go outside today

1) Bot up, took a shower, had breakfast, took a nap.

2) There was a pretty intense thunderstorm. I spent a while watching it out the glass doors on the basement.

3) Aunt Evie and Pat came down for the afternoon. Most of it was spent sitting in the living room and watching Isaiah play, which is not a bad way to pass an afternoon.

4) Dinner was left overs. Delicious delicious left overs.

5) After dinner Isaiah was not interested in sitting around while the adults talked, so once he was free of his high chair he ran off to the family room where his toys were. I followed him to make sure his didn't try to play with anything pointy, also because I wanted to play with him. He had gotten a new toy from Pat and Aunt Evie that made sounds when you hit it and we spent a good amount of time exploring its various functions. Eventually however, he went back to his cars. And eventually he wanted his mom. Still I enjoyed our little time together.

6) Then we had a big game of "None Shall Pass." Where we experimented with a variety of obstructions for Isaiah to over come. One time I laid down and was a roadblock, another time I was arched into a tunnel he had to go through, Jenny and I made a variety of gates with our feet and arms for him to push his way through. Leo had ticlke gates and upside down tickle gates and other gates of that nature.

7) Then we had blueberry (and apple) pie and ice cream for desert. It was very tasty.

8) After Aunt Evie and Pat left, Jenny, Leo and Mom and I watched the first three episodes of 30 rock season 2 on demand. So much to love: Mystic Pizza, Werewolf Bar Mitzvah, Liz's crying voice insulting Seinfeld, inscrutable vanity license plate, Kenneth attempting to flirt and Tracy's subsequent dream sequence, Devon Banks, etc. Oh 30 Rock, I don't know how you do it, but please don't stop.

9) Later I finished off the ice cream pie upon Dad's insistence. I wasn't going to argue.

10) Spent the night doing some speed blogging in an attempt to begin to catch up. I think I did 3 or 4 entries.

No comments: