Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Last of Firefly

1) Waffles

2) Mead sent me a link to this comic. I then proceeded to read through all of the Truck Bearing Kibble archive. As I did I noticed that it looked uncannily similar to Perry Bible Fellowship. I later found out this is because they are made by the same guy. Apparently he has more or less abandoned PBF for TBK. Comparing the two, TBK relies more heavily on parody than PBF, but since it's newer the artwork is better.

3) Went for a nice long bike ride - went downtown, all the way to Madison street. Which according to Google maps is about 6.5 miles. The distance from my new apartment to Hyde Park is just about 12 miles, so I'm going to work up my endurance so that I could bike to work some days.

4) Took a shower

5) Did laundry

6) Went to the first shoot of Dr. Sympathy. The majority of it was shot the next day, but they had a couple scenes they wanted to shoot today. I wasn't in the majority of it, but I was in the background of one so I had to be there. I spent a lot of time sitting in a folding chair under bright lights while people measured the light on my face. I fell asleep for a little bit.

Here's the mask I was wearing for my part. I'll explain what the movie was about in tomorrow's post.


7) The scene they were shooting was out on a fire escape. So these pictures are of Fire Escape Films' fire escape filming:


Awesome!

8) Umart California wrap - I love you so

9) FF - "Heart of Gold"
[Mal practices cocking and aiming his gun in the dining area when Inara comes up behind him.]
Inara: Hi.
Mal: BWAH!
Inara: [laughing] Sorry! Didn't mean to startle.
Mal: You didn't! I was just, uh… "BWAH!" That's more like a… It's a warrior like… Strikes fear into the… hearts of… You know, not altogether wise, sneaking up on a fellow when he's handling his weapon.
Inara: I'm sure I've heard that said. But… perhaps the dining area isn't the place for this sort of thing.
Mal: What do ya mean? It's the only place with a table big enough.
Inara: Of course. In that case, every well-bred petty crook knows that the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
. . .
[Inara departs. Mal melodramatically draws his gun.]
Mal: Bwah.
Jayne: Don't much see the benefit in getting involved in strangers' troubles without a up-front price negotiated.
Book: These people need assistance. The benefit wouldn't necessarily be for you.
Jayne: That's what I'm sayin'.
Zoe: No one's gonna force you to go, Jayne. As has been stated, this job is strictly speculative.
Jayne: Good! Don't know these folks, don't much care to.
Mal: They're whores.
Jayne: I'm in.
10) FF - "Objects in Space"
Mal: Girl knows things. Things she shouldn't. Things she couldn't.
Jayne: What, are you— are you sayin' she's a witch?
Wash: [sarcastically] Yes, Jayne. She's a witch. She has had congress with the beast.
Jayne: She's in Congress?
Wash: How did your brain even learn human speech? I'm just so curious.
Wash: Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science fiction.
Zoe: We live in a spaceship, dear.
11) FF - special features while folding laundry

12) AD - "My Hand to God"
Michael: Where's your child?
Tobias and Lindsay: We don't have a child, Michael. [laughing]'
Lindsay: [long pause] Oh... did you mean Maeby?
Michael: I did mean Maeby.
Maeby: I know this may be a weird thing for me to be saying, but maybe you should tell him the truth, I mean, he'll respect you for it.
Gob: Thanks, maeby. [walks away]
Maeby: [to herself] OK, now I'm just lying for no reason.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Of course my actual birthday is apparently not wonderful.