Friday, July 18, 2008

So they say - this title's pretty okay

1) Calm day at work

2) My iPhone arrived! I then spent a couple hours playing around with it and figuring out how it works. In the process I inadvertently dialed Stephanie's number like 5 times. I was constantly terrified I was going to drop it or break the screen or something. However, it does have a good weight to it.

3) Leftovers

4) Nap

5) Then I had to go back to campus to record a shoot that none of the students wanted to do. Well I mean who would want to spend their Friday night at work? I didn't mind. I got there and I was using a new pair of headphones we had just got in that afternoon (from my BuySite binge) and for a several minutes I was convinced they were broken, because I could hear anything from the camera. Then I remembered about that there is a volume control on the camera. This is a feature I've used twice ever and so I always forgot it exists, because usually no one messes with it. But occasionally someone does and then the next person to use the camera gets confused and thinks the headphones are broken. So I was very happy that the brand new headphone were not broken.

6) The thing I was video taping was the culminating program for a summer language/culture program to teach high school students Arabic. The teachers talked a bit and then there was live music and food and then the students had some demonstrations and so it was relatively entertaining compared to our usual recordings.

7) Afterwards there was still a lot of food left over, and the client basically forced me to take some home, so I had a bunch of falafel, some chicken shwarma, rice, and vegetables.

8) AD -"Immaculate Election"
Michael: So then, he’s more popular than George Michael?
Maeby: Well, that’s like comparing apples and some fruit nobody’s ever heard of.

Narrator: But the robot was busy elsewhere...
'(Cut to Lucille catching Buster in bed with the robot vaccuum)
Buster: What do you expect mother? (shaking hook) I'm half machine. I'M A MONSTER!!! (screams and destroys pillow
Steve Holt! The forgotten Bluth.

9) AD - "Sword of Destiny"

Tobias: Although, if I may, let me take off my assistant’s skirt and put on my Barbra Streisand in The Prince of Tides ass-masking therapist pantsuit.
Michael: What?
Buster: Hey! I'm finally being treated like a real person. Not some deformed..
Gob: Ah! Hook. I forgot about that there, elephant man. We'll have to find something to do so that people can look at you without wanting to kill themselves.
Gob: Michael, if I make this comeback, I’ll buy you a hundred George Michaels that you can teach to drive!
Michael: You're losing blood aren't you.
Gob: Probably, my socks are wet.
GOB and Buster's magic act - Tony Wonder

10) Then Stephanie and I noticed that it was almost 11 PM, which would mean midnight on the east coast which might mean that Act 3 or Dr. Horrible was up. And so it was!

"It's a good day to be homelss." "It certainly is."
"Next up. Who's gay?"
Crazy Hammerfan chorus
Captain Hammer: This is so nice,
I just might sleep with the same girl twice.
They say it’s better the second time,
They say you get to do the weird stuff.
Fan Club: We do the weird stuff!

Creepy Fan Girl: This is his dry cleaning bill,
Fan Club: Four sweater vests!
"Justice has a name. And the name that is has, besides Justice, is Captain Hammer."
"There’s the deltoids of compassion,
There’s the abs of being kind,"
Dr. Horrible's evil laugh
Everthing about the song "Slipping" is perfect - the creepy lighting - the tilty camera - the way Dr. Horrible takes the time to walk dance around a bit before getting out the death ray - the spin he does right as the song changes - his face on "and social change"
"You give my regards to St. Peter. Or whoever has his job, but in Hell."
The last song is very powerful - sort of overwhelming actually. The first time I was basically sobbing through that whole part, but even now "And I am fine" can bring a tear to my eye.
Moist repeatedly dropping the cash bag
Dr. Horrible's new get-up at the end
The Evil League of Evil! They got a real horse! I really want to know more about Fake Thomas Jefferson. What does he do, other than impersonate Thomas Jefferson? How is he evil? The costuming for that last ten seconds or so is phenomenal.

11) More sorting of legos. Using that technique I used on the Jesterbot I tried to make a mannequin so the wooden mannequin coul have a little lego friend. I didn't have a lot of the pieces or enough of any one color, but here's at least the beginning:

1 comment:

beantownscrittrice said...

be super-duper careful with the screen. i got one of those clear plastic coating things for mine which was great to prevent scratches but I had to replace the phone really recently because i didn't have a protective case. so get one of those! (: