Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Today's theme seems to be Lego Universe

1) There was a shoot in the morning that I had forgotten to get someone to help out with ahead of time, so I had to call that morning and see who could make it. Joe was nice enough to skip breakfast and come straight to the office to help out.

2) Renee gave me a newspaper article about a guy from Chicago who won a job as a model builder for Lego recently. She said something along the lines "See? There are jobs out there that utilize all your skills."

3) Coincidentally, today I also finally got an e-mail response from Jim Foulds.
" I looked into you question about the Digital Designer position. They
have your resume, but as of right now the position is on hold. They are
still accepting applications and reviewing the submissions, but no
decision will be made in the near future until the new team design is
finalized.

As for a new portfolio, I would definitely submit anything that you
think would give you a better shot at the position.
"

So it's nice to know that the fact that I never heard back about the position still wasn't my fault. They haven't gotten back to anyone. I do plan to submit an updated portfolio, but I'm not going to drive myself crazy like I did making it the first time. I'll do it on my own time and submit it when it's ready. I'm not even going to think about it until I've moved and submitted my entries to the Nicktoons Animation contest, those are clearly higher priorities.

4) I talked with Alex for a bit. I asked him if he would like a motorized Lego AT-AT as a Birthday 2007/2008/Christmas 2007/2008 present, but asking was merely a formality. How could he say no? He said we could put it together when we (hypothetically) go out to visit him in November.

5) Sorted the legos I brought back from PA.

6) Did not go grocery shopping, seemed like to much effort.

7) Frozen pizza for dinner.

8) Dr. Horrible was put back on Hulu today. I originally heard it was only supposed to be for a single day, but it's still up now. Which means if you haven't watched it yet, you have no excuse. Go watch it now! Until you do, you won't be able to read the rest of my blog.

::Engage shield of invisibility-to-those-who-haven't-watched-Dr.-Horrible::

9) Then I went to my [The people who were on strike when Dr. Horrible was written] meeting

10) This article and video about Lego Universe. [Okay so making this inaccessible to people who haven't seen Dr. Horrible was not as easy as I first imagined. Maybe I can just make it regular invisible.]
Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

No comments: