Tuesday, July 15, 2008

With my Freeze Ray I will - stop time so I can catch up on this blog

1) Reading peoples responses to Sea Snake Surprise

2) Did some actual editing for once

3) Walking to Umart for a snack - twas nice out

4) Leftovers

5) Writing more of NNN episode 2

6) Screenwriter's

7) Talking about work with Jim and Joe on the way back from Screenwriter's

8) Oh. Em. Gee. Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along Blog (For some reason it's still up on Hulu. Even though it is supposed to disappear. I'm certainly not complaining.) Act 1. I'm basically going to quote the whole thing. It's all so good.

"I'm working with a vocal coach - strengthening the A-HA-A"
"A lotta guys ignore the laugh. And that's about standards."
"His terrible, death whinny"
"Wow, sarcasm, that's original."
"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo. Because the status, is not quo. The world is a mess and I just, need to rule it."
"Smells like cumin."
"This is the one. Stops time. Freeze Ray. Tell your friends."
"Captain Hammer, Corporate Tool."
"It's not a death-ray or an ice-beam (that's all Johnny Snow),"
"
That's the plan, rule the world,
You and me, any day."
"You need anything dampened, or made soggy?"
"Ah! Aaaah! Haa."
Penny: Hey! I know you.
Billy: Hello. You know me, cool. I mean, yeah, you do. Do you?
Penny: From the laundromat.
Billy: Wednesdays and Saturdays, except twice last month you skipped the weekend. Or, if that was you, it could have been someone else. I mean, I've seen you. Billy... is my name.
"So they can buy rocket packs... and go to the moon... to become florists."
"It's not a perfect metaphor."
"I'm all for that... this petition is about the building."
"Yes Captain Hammer's here, Hair blowing in the breeze,"
"It's curtain's for you. Lacy, gently wafting curtains."

There's so much else wonderful - all NPH's little twitches and smirks. The way he adjusts his goggles. The absurdity of Bad Horse's singing trio. The way Billy bobs his head in time with certain bits on the Bad horse ditty. The "Do Not Bounce" on the Wonderflonium case. And of course the whole premise was practically made for me.

9) A letter from Joss whedon

10) Captain hammer comic

11) The Fabuland Housewives season finale was posted today. Or yesterday, but I saw it today. The killer identity was revealed! Bum bum BUM! Except it was also revealed that the killer did kill everyone who was killed! Bum bum BUM! The fabuland mafia also declared a war on "the gays." And a major character will be killed off in episode one of season 2. Exciting stuff.

No comments: