Thursday, August 28, 2008

Gouda Day

1) The first part of this day a work was not the best, stuff was not going right and I wasted time by trying to go to a shoot that isn't for another month. However, then I went on another shoot that went swimmingly well and it changed my whole attitude for the day. It's easy to get pessimistic and depressed when things aren't going well. But all it takes it one thing to go really well to pull me out of that silly misery and right back to cloud nine. :)

2) Perian is like magic for quicktime. Why didn't I know about this before?

3) On my way home I was trying to decide what to do for dinner. I didn't feel like making anything (I've been very lazy this week) and I couldn't think of any place I wanted to get take out from. So I went to the grocery store and wandered about and bought whatever caught my eye. I almost always go to the grocery store with a list, and even if I deviate or add to that list, my shopping experience is defined by the list. It was sort of thrilling. There are so many things to buy in a grocery store, it's amazing really and easily forgotten when you're focused on getting a few specific things.

4) My dinner consisted of the following things I purchased on said whim. Some california rolls, half of a mini baguette and gouda cheese. Twas wonderful.

5) Part 6 of Another Life. I really thought he was going to do it for a second. Bravo Sam.

6) Thanks to Stephanie for giving me the link to watch Obama's speech live over the internet. I didn't watch it, so much as listen while I worked on packing, (I mean how much is there to see really?) but it was really good. His list of plans / promises was basically perfect.

"I will -- listen now -- I will cut taxes -- cut taxes -- for 95 percent of all working families, because, in an economy like this, the last thing we should do is raise taxes on the middle class."

"I'll invest in early childhood education. I'll recruit an army of new teachers, and pay them higher salaries, and give them more support. And in exchange, I'll ask for higher standards and more accountability."

"I will end this war in Iraq responsibly and finish the fight against Al Qaida and the Taliban in Afghanistan."

"...one of the things that we have to change in our politics is the idea that people cannot disagree without challenging each other's character and each other's patriotism."

Etc. It doesn't even matter at this point how many of these things he can actually deliver on, I mean the President can only do so much when it comes to legislation anyway, but the mere fact that he has his targets set in the right places is what matters. It was so clear and concise, so much better than the muddled mess of Kerry's bid. I certainly won't have to resort to voting for a green party candidate this time.

7) Tonight I worked on filing. My files are not quite the mixed up files of Mrs. Basil E Frankweiler, but they do possess a logic of their own. They include normal catergories such as "Credit Card", "Pay Stubs", and "Ideas/Sketchs/Storyboards" but also more unusal ones like "Should probably keept this", "<3", and "Raw Materials." They were getting to be too much for the one filing box, so I recently purchased another and split them into business-y stuff (green) and fun/creative/other stuff (purple). I also went threw stacks of papers and such and recycled/ threw out a tremendous amount. One of the best parts of packing.

8) Along the way i came across these two photobooth pictures of Adam and Jeremy. I don't have a scanner, so I just photographed them with my iPhone, I apologize for the resolution.
This one was from my high school graduation party.

And this one was from the second murder myster party. Both I think demonstrate the zaniness that formed the core of our interactions. See also: Lego Movie 2: Volume 1.

9) Read this business article on lego's corporate restructuring in 2004 that saved them from doom. Fascinating (to me).

10) Hershey's Special Dark Minatures

No comments: