Saturday, August 2, 2008

Who-a-thon

1) Woke up after my first alarm, but before my second. That may be a small accomplishment, but it's an accomplishment none the less.

2) Went for a bike ride, don't remember how far I got.

3) DW - "Fear Her" - I liked the scribble monster - and the pothole paver guy
This exchange is so sad, knowing what's about to come
Rose: You know what - they keep trying to split us up, but they never ever will.
The Doctor: Never say never ever.
Rose: Nah, we'll always be alright, you and me. [pause] Don't you think? Doctor?
4) DW - "Army of Ghosts" - The last episode was sort of meh, and the preview for this one looked really good, so I couldn't resist. This one is awesome, when the Torchwood theme first played, I nearly squealed with glee. (Is that what squee stands for? Or is onomatopoeic? Stephanie?) Jackie is absolutely awesome in this episode.
Rose: [voiceover] Planet Earth. This is where I was born. And this is where I died. The first nineteen years of my life, nothing happened. Nothing at all, not ever. And then I met a man called the Doctor. A man who could change his face. And he took me away from home in his magical machine. He showed me the whole of time and space. I thought it would never end.
The Doctor: [with Rose on an alien planet] How long are you going to stay with me?
Rose: Forever.
Rose: [voiceover] Well, that's what I thought. But then came the Army of Ghosts. Then came Torchwood and the war. That's when it all ended. This is the story of how I died.

Yvonne Hartman: You always travel with a companion. There's no point hiding anything. Not from us. So where is she?
The Doctor: Yes. Sorry, good point. She's just a bit shy, that's all.
(The Doctor opens the door to the TARDIS, where Rose and Jackie are hiding and grabs Jackie, pulling her out.)
The Doctor: But here she is, Rose Tyler! Hm, she's not the best I've ever had. Bit too blonde. Not too steady on her pins. A lot of that
(The Doctor makes a movement with his hand to indicate she talks too much.)
The Doctor: And just last week she stared into the heart of the time vortex and aged 57 years. But she'll do.
Jackie: I'm forty!
The Doctor: Deluded. Bless. I'll have to trade her in. Do you need anyone? She's very good at tea. Well, when I say "very good" I mean not bad. Well, I say "not bad" - anyway, lead on. Allons-y - but not too fast. Her ankle's going.
Jackie: I'll show you were my ankle's going!

The Doctor: I like that, "Allons-y". I should say allons-y more often. Look sharp Rose Tyler, allons-y! And then it would be really brilliant if I met someone called Alonso, 'cause then I could say allons-y Alonso every time.... [beat] you're staring at me.
Rose: My mum's still on board.
(The Doctor looks up at the shelf on the wall, horrified.)
Jackie: [Sitting on shelf] If we end up on Mars, I'm gonna kill you!
5) I was listening to Pandora today and I realized I really really liked the song (Lost of Love by the Bad Plus) that was playing, I mean I had given it a thumbs up before, but i loved it so much that I needed to be able to play it whenever I wanted. So I went to iTunes and after listening to all the samples decided to download the whole album. It's awesome. Their similar to JFJo in a lot of ways, they are sort of on the fringes of Jazz, heading over into other realms, they do covers/adaptations of songs from other genres and they have an amazing pianist.

This paragraph from the review I linked above perfectly explains what I felt listening to Prehensile Dream.
"At times it feels like it's out of control and just about to explode into complete chaos, but the band always brings the structure back at the exact right moment to let you know they are in control. You are only a passenger and when you learn to relax and trust this band they'll take you places you haven't been."

6) On my way to TI I ran into Josh from the News Office (not Josh our Senior Producer) with his wife and baby daughter. They were also walking to TI and so we walked and talked a little bit. He's a nice guy, probably my favorite of the News Office and it was nice to see him outside of work and talk a little. He didn't know about my lego animations until then, I figured everyone already knew, since I still very much have a reputation.

7) DW - "Doomsday" -The part where the Daleks meet the Cybermen is hillarious.
Cyberman: Our species are similar, though your design is inelegant.
Dalek Thay: Daleks have no concept of elegance!
Cyberman: This is obvious. But consider, our technologies are compatible. Cybermen plus Daleks; together, we could upgrade the universe.
Dalek Thay: You propose an alliance?
Cyberman: This is correct.
Dalek Thay: Request denied!
Cyberman: Hostile elements will be deleted. [they shoot at the Dalek, but it is unaffected]
Dalek Thay: Exterminate! [exterminates both Cybermen]
Cyber Leader: [to another Cybermen] Open visual link!
[the Cyber Leader appears on a screen in front of the other three Daleks]
Cyber Leader: Daleks, be warned. You have declared war upon the Cybermen.
Dalek Sec: This is not war. This is pest control!
Cyber Leader: We have five million Cybermen. How many are you?
Dalek Sec: Four.
Cyber Leader: You would destroy the Cybermen with four Daleks?
Dalek Sec: We would destroy the Cybermen with one Dalek! You are superior in only one respect.
Cyber Leader: What is that?
Dalek Sec: You are better at dying.
The scene where Jackie and Pete meet is great. And the end is good, if very sad (though less so thanks to season 4 spoilers) "I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye." Poor Doctor, poor Rose.

8) Then I went into the office to use one of our microphones to record the voice parts for that 2 minute animation I'm working on for the Nicktoons contest. It was fun, but after three takes I was out of apple juice and since I had been doing an action trailer voice my throat was not too happy with me.

9) So on my way back home I got more apple juice and some green tea ice cream from TI.

10) I finally e-mailed Mark all my thoughts on Fabuland Housewives. I had collected notes as I read through, but not made them into a coherent e-mail until now. Though, to be sure it was long and rambly.

No comments: