Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I did a lot of laundry this week

This was a strange week. I was off Monday and Tuesday, but worked this Saturday. Except that on Thursday and Saturday I worked downtown instead of at the office (would have been Wednesday too, but that got bungled). So it was back and forth and here and there and long and short. It was good, but it was hard to keep track of, thus these are in no particular order.

1) I added tails to parrot and monkey costumes


Started a new shark costume

Added flames to the Sun and gave it sturdier legs

It looks really cool against black.


2) For the inauguration I went to a viewing party at Sidetrack. It was a great decision. The crowd booed and hissed at Rick Warren and mocked the way he said "Sasha!" They cheered Aretha Franklin and her fabulous hat. It was great just to applaud and cheer, which would be weird to do if I was sitting at home and watching it by myself.

3) I did 5 loads of laundry this week. I had not really done laundry since before Christams and the piles were flowing out of my closet and creeping towards the rest of my bedroom. Now I can actually walk into my closet again. I even did towels and sheets!

4) Stephanie came over as per usual. We feasted on pasta salad and mesquite chicken. We played through a bunch of Wario Land: Shake It! and began watching Torchwood special features. Delightful.

5) A position in our department that had been vacant for almost half a year was finally filled: The Manager of Digital Communications. He came to our office this week to learn about what we do and what our digital needs/wants are (solution for archiving our media, centralized media server for campus) etc. He had lots of good ideas and seemed cool. I'm looking forward to working with him.

6) I don't know if I've mentioned her here before, but I certainly don't mention her enough. Someone who works down the hall brings her dog, Molly to work everyday. Molly wanders around our floor looking for attention/food. She is a very mellow dog, so unlike Renee's dog Cassius, I am not nervous about her kicking over my computer or anything like that. I just get to pet her and then send her on her way if I need to focus on something. It's a grea arrangment.

7) The conference I went to was interesting. Aside from hte Saturday training seesion, it didn't give me much practical knowledge that improves my job, but It got me thinking about our office and my career etc. in new and different way. We'll see if anything comes of it, but it was also a nice change from the hassles of the office.

8) I was pretty exhausted Friday and Saturday night so I stayed in, ate leftovers, watched movies where Brad Pitt runs around shirless (Snatch & Fight Club) and did some yoga. Very relaxing. I also took a nap on saturday night. Delightful.

9) I started listening to the Rachel Maddow show podcast this week. Now that we have a cool president I feel like I can listen to political news without just getting depressed. So far so good!

10) I finished reading Wicked (again) this week. It's not a perfect book, there are awkward sections and it's a bit disjointed, but I do love it so. It's so dissapointing how simplistic the musical was. I'd love to direct an animated version some day.

No comments: