Saturday, January 3, 2009

I have to keep reminding myself it's 2009

Like I said, for the foreseeable future I will be doing 10 things per week instead of 10 per day. I just don't have the time for that.

1) Woke up for the first time this year. Spent a lazy morning with Krista, Seth and Tiffany. Krista made a delicious breakfast and we watched the Lion King. Not a bad way to start 2009.

2) That afternoon I watched lots of animation. A couple lego ones and a bunch of others recommended by the animation blog. Here are my favorites from that bunch, there were a lot of different media used: sand, Flip Books and Photographs, Creepy puppets/costumes, and Clothing. I also liked Procrastination. My absolute favorite was The Old Crocodile. I just love it.

3) The next day I went on a date with this guy Christopher I met at the queer nerds event. It went really well. We ate at Ping Pong and then had a couple drinks at Minibar and Sidetrack. We spent almost six hours talking. I felt a real connection, I think we are both very interested in learning and thinking and have similar mindsets in that way, even though he didn't go to the U of C, he's got that same level of thoughtfulness that I've come to expect after constantly being surrounded by intelligent people. In other words: wonderful!

4) Karan tipped me off to this: run goomba run

5) Went to Target on Saturday and bought such things as: a humidifier, a clock for the living room, the stuff you but under rugs so they don't slip, fruit snacks, light bulbs, a small lego set, a plastic case perfect for sorting tiny lego pieces, underwear, a new scarf, and new workout pants.

6) Then I spent the evening sorting legos while watching Northern Exposure and Space Ghost. The tiny translucent pieces have been given a new home, as well as the 1X2 plates and tiles in all their variations.

7) On Sunday I did a bunch of laundry. I also took the time ot improve the stability my bike rack. It is now held in place by four strong bungee cord. Huzzah.

8) Christopher called to schedule another date.

9) Watched some "Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego" The episodes in the first season are very formulaic. In the span of three episodes the decetives were menaced by a shark, a kimono dragon, a jaguar, and an alligator. Zack has tripped and gotten stuck too many times to count. And Carmen's plots have all involved stealing a series of enormous items to attempt something rEdiculous like contacting aliens, genetically engineering a dinosaur and painting her face on the moon. I love them all the same.

10) This monkey costume is not as good as the shark costume or even the parrot costume (which wasn't originally intended as a costume, but now I have completed the triumverate of pirate animal costumes!


Better pictures when I have time.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

komodo dragon. though your spelling causes a hilarious mental image