Sunday, May 10, 2009

Win this awesome quilt by my mom!


As you may know, my mom is a quilting fiend. I mean you think I'm crazy into legos, but my lego addiction is merely a poor shadow of her quilting addiction, she's got fabric spilling out of every room in the house and always has about 6 quilts in various stages of completion. Well she recently completed one (~20 years after she started it) and is now raffling it off to raise money for Relay for Life.

I think the pictures of the quilt tell you everything you need to know, but here's what my mom had to say about it. "It is 73" x 88" - perfect for a twin bed but works on larger beds as well." Tickets are $2 each or 3 for $5. The easiest way to buy them is to go to her personal page and click donate. Remember to put in your name and a note saying that the donation is for raffle tickets. If you're feeling old fashioned, you can also send her a check. They should be made out to the American Cancer Society and mailed to
Linda Pickett
224 Windsor Way
Doylestown PA, 18901
The drawing will take place on May 30th, so all donations need to be in by May 29th.

I know many of you have commented on the coolness of my mom's quilts, well this is your chance to have one of your own!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Dave!

Stephanie said...

I can't unsee it!

Lindsay Champion said...

Wow that's sure nice of her. How many hours did she work on that? Must have been intense. I made a quilt 1/100th of that size in 1st grade, in which I took quilting class. That's right.

lindsay || newyorkwords.net

David M Pickett said...

Much the way that I don't really count the hours I spend building with Lego or making animations I don't think my mom keeps track of the time she spends quilting. Let's just say a lot :)