Sunday, October 4, 2009

Way Behind

This week (which happened almost a month ago) was crazy. I worked long hours at work, worked on my laptop on the train to and from work and worked sending e-mails when I got home.

1) Much of my week was spent conducting interviews for our potential new student employees. Those are fun, although I always have a hard time choosing because I feel bad about not being able to hire all the qualified people. Tiffany helped me whittle it down though.

2) We had some cool videos go up this week. South Campus Residence Hall Tour, Color Vision, Chicago in 60 Seconds Promo.

3) One night I managed to get away from work and went to a networking event called: Let's create New Media in Chicago. It's a cheesy title, but I handed out a bunch of NNN cards and heard about what other people are doing (though, there were less video producers than I expected) and collected a fist full of business cards.

4) Another night I had dinner with Max at Leona's. I was a little incoherent from the work week, but we had a good conversation. He had just started his job. We also talked about a time-weighted conception of self.

5) That Friday I wanted to reward myself for getting through the week, so I stopped at the Lego store on the way home and picked up Winter Toy Shop. It's totally awesome.

6) Watched the new episode of Dollhouse. That one was probably the weakest of the season, but it was still good. Unlike last season, there's no need to skip episodes in season 2.

7) Then I went shopping to three stores I've walked past many times in the last year and thought about going into but never have. Uncle Fun is a kitschy toy and novelty shop. Paper Boy has cards and notebooks and journals and wrapping paper and origami paper and all other paper things. Candyality has big bins of candy to buy by the pound. I bought presents for Jenny, Leo and Mom and then delights to share with all. I got a wind up walking brain for my desk at work.

8) Then I went and got a haircut & bought some stuff at Gap.

9) Robert and I had dinner at a so-so mexican place but then we went to Yogen Fruz, which is always awesome.

10) Then we went back to my place and watched the Rocky Horror Picture Show, which I had never seen before. Oh my, Tim Curry!