Saturday, April 3, 2010

Time time time

So this blog has devolved from once a day to once a week to about once a month. And I don't always number things form 1 to 10 anymore. So be it! Here's some wonderful stuff.

Things with Bert have been going well. We're approaching 5 months together and still going strong. We've been spending a lot of time together and enjoying it very much. Our time together isn't very exciting to describe, it mostly involves sitting around watching 30 Rock, Sex in the City, playing Lego Star Wars, making dinner and such. But we like it. We've gone on a couple nice dates recently, went to a nice Indian restaurant, Marigold. We walked around Lincoln Square last weekend. Now that the weather is getting nice, we have been strolling about outside more. We also went to Costco last week and now I have more handsoap and kitchen garbage bags than I know what to do with. Yay Costco!

Nightly News at Nine things have been moving along. I finished up Chapter 1, complete with an opening sequence and credits and am hard at work on the DVD. I recorded a director's commentary and have almost finished with subtitles, still got a lot of graphics to make but should have the DVD ready for sale by the end of the month. I'll let you know when it's ready. I've gotten my Illinois Business license and FEIN so I'm all set to collect sales tax as such. Very exciting!

Lego released some board games this month. I got Minotaurus and Monster 4. They are both quite awesome. I can't wait to play Minotaurus again (I have only played one incomplete game).

Tiffany and I did some animation tests for the Sesame Street animation.

The Van Gogh face paint video Talya and I did unexpectedly got featured in an e-mail to UChicago alumni. So that night I went home and spent a few hours creating a new personal website. What do you think?


Work has been fine. We've got new employees and I'm actually catching up on old projects. Spent a couple weeks printing and delivering DVDs and sending invoices. It was quite nice.

What else? Had some nice dinners with other friends. Always more dinners with Paul and Stephanie. Got Thai with Max. JJ came over one Saturday and we watched Night of the Comet.

This past week I got 2 wisdom teeth out. I've been floating in a vicodin haze ever since and gorging myself on ice cream, jamba juice and milkshakes. Yum.

I'm in the closed Beta for Lego Universe. I can't say any specifics, but it's quite fun. Saw How to Train Your Dragon today. It was good, better than I expected. I got birthday and Easter care packages from my parents today. Lots of sweet things. Hooray!

That's all for now.

No comments: