Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Help support my animations

Hello my long neglected blog readers,

I suppose you're used to my long bouts of silence by now, but that doesn't make them any less painful for both of us. Luckily, I finally got a replacement for my work laptop which was stolen in October, so I can once more use my daily commute to work on blog posts. (Whether that translates into an increased frequency of posts is another matter.)

Things have been good but busy, Bert and I are redesigning the apartment and that has taken up most of our nights and weekends for the past few weeks. Here's a quick video to show you the progress of the apartment so far:

As always I'm hard at work on my next animation. However, I need some more funding in order to make it as awesome as it should be. So I've started a Kickstarter project to try and raise some funds. The way Kick starter works is you can pledge to back a creative project, but your money doesn't get taken unless the whole project gets funded, they way you don't end up giving money to something that won't come to fruition. Also, while any donation is welcomed, there are certain tiers that get you cool rewards. For instance, someone who pledges $12 or more to my project will receive a copy of the DVD when the animation is finished and a cool little LEGO pinchbot. Many of you have supported my animations in many ways over the years: recording voices, reading scripts, giving me your LEGO collections, composing music, putting up with the beeping noise of the camera as I take a thousand pictures in a row, etc. I am very grateful for all you've done and continue to do. Please take a look at the Kickstarter project, share it with your friends, and donate if you are so inclined. I set the deadline for the project to my birthday, so feel free to donate in lieu of getting me a present ;)



And here's that link to the Kickstarter project again.

No comments: